Things to do with the kids this Christmas at Uppark
This article was about our Christmas activities at Uppark in 2017. We’ll be updating this with 2018 event information later on in the year. Please go to our main Uppark homepage to find out what we're doing this year.
Uppark's Victorian servants invite you 'below stairs' to help with their busy Christmas preparations. Our fun house and garden trail draws children into the world of Victorian foods and traditions. There's a table to lay, napkins to fold, and puddings to stir - keep an eye out for Uppark's pesky mice. You’ll find simple activities for little ones and a harder puzzle for older children
Festive food family trail
Saturday 2 December - Monday 1 January 2018 10am -3pm
Explore the bustling servants' quarters as they clear up after a busy Victorian Christmas party. See if you can find the scullery maid washing dishes and then have a go at stirring the Christmas pudding. Don't forget to make a wish while you're there.
Help the butler and housekeeper by folding napkins and practicing laying out the table. before trying your hand at dancing in the Lower Servants' Hall.
Suggested donation £2 per trail.
How does milk become butter? What was stored in the game larder? Pick up our family trail this Christmas and find out all about festive Victorian food hidden around the grounds and house.
Keep and eye out in the house for the pesky mice stealing food from the humans who live at Uppark.
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available here as well as the Golden Gate Kiosk.
- Highchairs available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.
Family gift membership
Buy a gift which gives back this year. With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites. Both 1 and 2 adult family memberships available - just ask about family gift membership this festive season.
A gift that keeps giving
While your loved ones are making the most of their membership, the money from your gift helps us care for the places they visit and keeps them special for ever, for everyone.
What they'll get:
- Free entry to over 500 special places
- Free parking at most National Trust car parks
- National Trust handbook, full of ideas to help them plan days out
- National Trust Magazine three times a year, packed with news and inspiration