Things to do with the kids this Christmas at Uppark
Nothing says Christmas like festive food and our family trail and Uppark is the perfect way to get ready for all the treats you'll be enjoying on the big day with our festive food family trail.
Saturday 2 December - Sunday 31 December 10am -3pm
Explore the bustling servants quarters as they clear up after a busy Victorian Christmas party. See if you can find the scullery maid washing dishes and then have a go at stirring the Christmas pudding. Don't forget to make a wish while you're there.
Help the butler and housekeeper by folding napkins and practicing laying out the table. before trying your hand at dancing in the Lower Servants' Hall.
Festive food family trail
Saturday 2 - Sunday 31 December 2017 10am - 3.30pm
How does milk become butter? What was stored in the game larder? Pick up our family trail this Christmas and find out all about festive Victorian food hidden around the grounds and house.
Keep and eye out in the house for the pesky mice stealing food from the humans who live at Uppark.
£2.00 per trail.
Family friendly checklist
- Children under 5 go free.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all catering outlets, though not in the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available in the café including a pick’n’mix lunch box; ice creams are available here as well as the Golden Gate Kiosk.
- Highchairs available in the café.
- Picnic spaces around the grounds as well as picnic benches by the entrance.
- Great family gifts and pocket money toys available in the shop.
Family gift membership
Buy a gift which gives back this year. With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites. Both 1 and 2 adult family memberships available - just ask about family gift membership this festive season.
A gift that keeps giving
While they’re making the most of their membership, the money from your gift helps us care for the places they visit and keeps them special for ever, for everyone.
What they'll get:
- Free entry to over 500 special places
- Free parking at most National Trust car parks
- National Trust handbook, full of ideas to help them plan days out
- National Trust Magazine three times a year, packed with news and inspiration