Family days out in London and the South East
Looking for something to do with the kids? Discover the best family-friendly places to visit in London and the South East and enjoy great days out all year round.
Plan your next family adventure and discover special places across London and the South East, from fairy-tale castles to medieval deer parks and even a lighthouse. Families can play in thousands of acres of woodland and parkland or let off steam in natural play areas. There’s buggy friendly routes, tree houses, story trails and children’s menus to fuel fun-filled days out, and on rainy days you can step inside sprawling mansion houses and explore famous homes to uncover secrets and stories from long, long ago.
Family days out near you
- Explore a medieval deer park, moated manor house, fairy-tale castle and more on a family day out in Kent. There’s all sorts of fun to be had, from playing in acres of gardens and parkland to spotting fish at Ightham Mote and deer at Knole. Children can climb the two-storey treehouse and enjoy the brick built play house at Chartwell, reach new heights on the swings at Emmetts Garden and have fun in the Badger and Pepper play area at Scotney Castle, complete with mud kitchen, play house, toddler swing and a natural drum kit.Plan a family day out in Kent
- Discover the best places to visit with your family around Surrey this season. See dazzling displays of autumn colour at Winkworth Arboretum or head off for a family day out beside the lake at Claremont Landscape Garden. Children can also enjoy the new adventure playground at Polesden Lacey or the natural play areas at Hatchlands Park.Family adventures in Surrey
- Enjoy a family day out this autumn in Sussex. You can stroll along buggy friendly paths at Nymans to discover a Play Glade complete with mud kitchens, games and even a mini stage to let children's imaginations run wild. Wander through the Capability Brown designed landscape at Petworth, or step back to medieval times at Bodiam Castle where families can climb the steep towers, walk across the battlements, find the gun loops and spot 50-year old carp swimming in the castle moat.Family-friendly places in Sussex
- Treat the whole family to a fun-filled day out at our places in Hampshire. Discover a mansion house surrounded by babbling brooks perfect for playing pooh sticks at Mottisfont, or explore a Tudor house turned family home at The Vyne where your little ones can explore the outdoors in a natural play area created especially for younger children. If you're feeling adventurous, pull on your wellies and head out for a walk on the Hinton Ampner estate.Head out for a family visit in Hampshire
- Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire
- Explore a world of lakes, hidden woods, enormous temples and twisted trees as you play and have fun on a family adventure at Stowe. Or head to the wild play trail at Basildon Park where little explorers can get adventurous on the balance beam, jump on the hopscotch and play with the ball run - there’s also plenty of space for some den building too. There's a natural play area at Hughenden and a woodland playground at Waddesdon, as well as plenty of opportunities to get closer to nature on a family walk at Cliveden and Grey's Court.Discover places in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and make memories to treasure on a family day out to National Trust places in and around London. There’s plenty to do, from a family bike ride and den building at Osterley, to a game of hide and seek at Ham House where over a mile of hornbeam hedge swirls around in an intricate geometric pattern.Come out and play in London
Enjoy festive days out in London and the South East this Christmas, and discover houses dressed to impress, winter illuminations after dark, and plenty of family fun.