Volunteering at Chedworth Roman Villa
Every year thousands of people volunteer with the National Trust to care for the special places they love. Volunteering at Chedworth Roman Villa is a great way to use your skills, learn new ones, meet new people and join a friendly team. Find out more about what kinds of volunteer roles are available and how you can apply to get involved.
Why join us?
There are lots of reasons to join us; making the move to volunteer could be the best decision you ever make.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life and forge new friendships
- Utilise your existing skills and learn new ones
- Strengthen your CV and help to develop your career
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Learn about the history of this special place.
Why Chedworth Roman Villa?
As well as offering an insight into Romano-British history, Chedworth Roman Villa is a place of peace and beauty.
Following a six-year programme of archaeological digs, new projects are starting on site, making this a very exciting time for the villa.
Whatever you're looking for, there are plenty of opportunities to join the team and get involved.
'I was keen to be involved in something practical in an area of history that I was interested in... you can't get closer to the past than when you're sweeping 1,700-year-old mosaic floors and at the same time you know you're doing something that will help an important site to be here, hopefully for another 1,700 years.'
- Mike, Volunteer since 2012
What can I do?
If you're interested in volunteering at Chedworth Roman Villa, here's some of the roles available:
- Site expert: Share your passion for history by interacting with visitors around the site, answer questions, share stories and help us keep the villa and its visitors safe.
- Events assistant: Get creative by helping to run the craft activities during the school holidays and plan new memorable ways to spend a day out.
- Café volunteer: Volunteer alongside the café staff to serve customers, use the till, clear tables and most importantly – chat to visitors.
- Retail volunteer: Help customers find just what they're looking for in the shop, whether it's a gift for a loved one or something for the home, each purchase made helps contribute to the running of the villa.
Get in touch about Volunteering at Chedworth Roman Villa
We’ll be holding volunteer open mornings throughout the year, so keep checking the website for more information.
Thank you to all our volunteers who give their time to support the National Trust in many different roles.
Our volunteers make our work to look after nature and history for future generations possible. Learn more about the volunteering opportunities available and hear a selection of their stories to find out what it's like to volunteer with us.
Our supporter groups are a great way of getting involved with your local place. Find out more about how you can join in.
These frequently asked questions should give you all you need to know about who can volunteer, what it involves and how to apply.
Chedworth Roman Villa has some of the most impressive in-situ Roman mosaics in the country and a close up look gives an insight into life in Roman Britain.
Discover 2,000 years of history at Chedworth Roman Villa. Find out about its construction, heyday and decline, and unearth the stories of a wealthy owner and a Victorian discovery.
If you’d like to become more involved in a volunteer or social group in Bath, Bristol and the surrounding areas, read on to find out more.