Unforgettable trail runs designed by our rangers
These trail runs will show you some of the best sights at the places we care for. They've been hand-picked by the rangers who care for them, so you're bound to encounter some of the best sights nature has to offer.
- Blickling Estate, Norfolk
- With its yew hedges, gardens and acres of historic parkland, Blickling Estate is a great place to run. This looped trail will take you alongside lakes and quiet woods, where you might spot barn owls flying silently between the trees. Find your rhythm along winding paths, enjoying the shelter from towering trees, and admire gardens as you start your cool-down.Go on a Ranger Run at Blickling Estate
- Coleton Fishacre, Devon
- Starting in Coleton Fishacre’s exotic garden, this run is filled with natural highlights. Run along coastal paths and listen to the sea crashing against the jagged rocks below. You'll also pass the aquamarine waters of Pudcombe Cove and Froward Point – a Second World War gun emplacement with views over the craggy slopes of Mewstone.Go on a Ranger Run around Coleton Fishacre
- Craflwyn, Gwynedd
- Steeped in myth and legend, the rugged landscape at Craflwyn will capture your imagination. Follow the circular trail through the slopes of the Nant Gwynant valley, along the lower slopes of Snowdon and past the ghostly remains of old copper mines. You'll also run past waterfalls with jagged rock faces where you can hear the roar of tumbling streams.Go on a Ranger Run at Craflwyn
- East Soar, Devon
- Head out on this circular run along the cliffs at East Soar. You'll run through a wild, partially tamed landscape with views of the Atlantic Ocean, sandy beaches and farmland. For wildlife, you'll be able to spot long-horned Highland cattle peacefully grazing on the rich grassland and see raptors flying overhead.Go on a Ranger Run at East Soar
- Golden Cap, Dorset
- This figure-of-eight loop will get your heart pumping. You'll pass through hay meadows, follow coastal paths with enticing sea views and summit Golden Cap – the highest point on the south coast. Look out for buzzards and kestrels scanning the hedgerows and peregrine falcons coasting high above the clifftops.Go on a Ranger Run at Golden Cap
- Malham Tarn, Yorkshire
- Fill your lungs with fresh air as you run along open spaces, and stop to admire the glacial lake at Malham Tarn. We've planted trees and plants which attract wildlife and add natural variation to the landscape. Follow the Pennine Way up across vast moorland and onto Fountains Fell, which boasts spectacular views of the Three Peaks and Ribblesdale.Go on a Ranger Run at Malham Tarn
- Polesden Lacey, Surrey
- At Polesden Lacy, take a break from the everyday when you run wild across historic parkland. Listen to your feet pounding the ground when you run through peaceful woods, and look out over acres of chalk grassland as you emerge from the trees.Go on a Ranger Run at Polesden Lacey
- Rhosili, Swansea
- This invigorating 10km trail will take you along stretches of coastline and rugged headland overlooking the sea. You’ll also see a patchwork of fields full of vital habitats, testament to the nature-friendly work of rangers and local farmers. Take off your trainers when you’re on Rhosili beach so you can feel the sand between your toes.Go on a Ranger Run at Rhosili
- Souter Lighthouse, Tyne and Wear
- Discover how wildlife now dominates a landscape once known for its coal mining industry. Starting at the red and white tower of Souter Lighthouse, this short but enjoyable run takes in a full lap of the Whitburn Coastal Park nature reserve. Once full of pitheads, it now features a variety of wildlife habitats, including ponds and an artificial sand martin nest bank.Souter Ranger Run
How your trail run helps look after nature and wildlife
We know that when people love spending time in a place surrounded by natural beauty, they’re more motivated to look after it. Trail runners support our work by spending money in our car parks, cafés and shops, as well as with National Trust membership or generous donations.
Funds go towards local projects, such as the tree-planting and controlled grazing that have helped Malham Tarn and Fountains Fell in Yorkshire become full of life.
The support we get from runners goes beyond the money they spend at our places:
Reward your next run with a view to remember. From coast to countryside, find a trail with some of the best scenery, views and wildlife at the places we look after.
Choose one of our favourite coastal running spots and see where it takes you – miles of coastal trails, wooded valleys and havens for nature await.
Fancy soaking up the atmosphere of the beautiful places in our care while getting some exercise? Find out more about our free monthly 10k trail runs.
Many of the landscapes we care for are full of opportunities to test yourself against the terrain and enjoy beautiful views.
Discover some of the best bike rides through the woodland and countryside we look after. Get a new two-wheeled perspective of some of our best-loved places.
Discover cycle-friendly routes across the UK where you can enjoy a longer bike ride surrounded by spectacular countryside views, from family-friendly trails to challenging climbs.