Family-friendly things to do at Mompesson House
If you’re planning a day out in Salisbury, Mompesson House is the perfect place to relax and while away a few hours. From explorer activities to exploring our self-contained walled garden, there’s enough to keep interested minds busy and encourage play.
Planning your family visit
Here's the information you need at a glance to help plan your day out at Mompesson House:
- Baby-changing facilities are located in the accessible toilet in our courtyard.
- Pushchairs are allowed in the garden. We have a sheltered storage area for pushchairs and buggies and a member of staff will be happy to help you.
- Hip carriers are available to borrow.
Family-friendly things to do
We have a free Mompesson House Christmas activity sheet to encourage children to take in their surroundings and use all their senses. There is also dressing up in the library.
Our second-hand bookshop has a children's section with chairs available to sit and read.
Our tea-room has plenty of child-friendly options, with sweet and savoury snacks available.
Mompesson House is trying to become an inclusive site for families of children with SEND. We can offer the following:
- Child-size ear defenders to borrow on entry at the front door.
- A map in the second-hand bookshop showing quiet and busy areas. There are also seats in the second-hand bookshop and this is a quiet zone.
- A sensory guide to Mompesson involving touch, sight, sound and smell. These are available at the front door or the second-hand bookshop.
- A Now and Next board in our second-hand bookshop.
- A peaceful and accessible garden.
If you have any questions or concerns about visiting, please call or email us. Our staff are happy to help guide you through your visit.
Discover the stories of the people who have lived at Mompesson House over the past 300 years, from Charles Mompesson in 1701 to Denis Martineau in the 1950s.
There are lots of things to do when you visit one of our family-friendly places. Find inspiration for days out and discover a range of activities for everyone.
Discover grand mansions and family homes including a former abbey and the surrounding village. Step inside to explore rooms, spiral staircases and towers. Bring the whole family to enjoy a fun day out in Wiltshire.
Discover our garden tea-room and second-hand bookshop.