Christmas at Waddesdon Manor
Get into the festive spirit with animal magic and winter light this Christmas at Waddesdon. Create festive memories as you watch with family and friends as we illuminate the gardens or you browse the Christmas Fair to find that unique gift.
This article is about Christmas 2017, check back later in the year for details about Christmas 2018.
Inside and out this year's Christmas Winter Light programme and decorations are inspired by Waddesdon's real and imagined animals.
From 11 November the festive season will be in full swing with Christmas lights in the grounds, decorated rooms in the house and a new light and sound show projected onto the Manor. Throughout the season there will be delicious festive foods in all our food outlets and the Christmas Fair, already a tradition for many, is a fantastic way to start the festive celebrations.
Advance booking only for Enchanted Menagerie decorated rooms in the House for all visitors including National Trust and Art Fund members. Note: a limited number of rooms in the house are decorated for Christmas, while others are closed for conservation and cleaning.
Grounds & House prices
National Trust members £5 Adult, £2.50 Child, £12.50 Family (non National Trust members £25 Adult, £12.50 Child, £62.50 Family).
Book online >
Visiting tips for Christmas
- You may want to bring a torch too as some parking areas have limited lighting.
- There are four buses and two big bendy buses (kids love them!) continuously shuttling visitors to the house, but if you would prefer to walk the route is lit all the way.
- Our new, lit grass path has plastic matting and a woodchip surface. It is steep in places and after recent rain it has become quite muddy so we don’t advise this walk for anyone with a pushchair, wheelchair or scooter.
- Our bus queue may look long but it really does move quickly.
- Please wrap up in warm clothes and wear wellies or boots.
- The Powerhouse, near the Manor Shop hot drinks and snacks kiosk, offers a warm place to sit and snack. You can also find warm covered seating, with sheepskins and blankets in the Wigwam cafe, where we serve hot ‘street-style’ food, cakes and drinks including mulled wine.
What’s the best time to come?
- If you are looking for a quieter time to visit, we suggest a weekday visit. We are open Wed-Sun until 2 Jan (except 24-26 Dec).
- Waddesdon Imaginarium light show projected onto the front of the house is better the darker it gets.