Christmas at Waddesdon Manor
Displays in the House this year explore Waddesdon’s connection to the world of music with a festive twist, from traditional Christmas carols to Christmas No.1s. Outside, witness the gardens illuminated with sparkling lights and colour. Sat 16 Nov - Sun 5 Jan, Wed-Sun, 11am-6pm.
Bring the family and share a festive day out gazing at the decorated house, indulging in celebratory foods and shopping for gifts.
From dusk, the grounds will come to life with a light trail around the Aviary that playfully combines colour, sound and movement. The Manor’s facade will also be bathed in light with two unique shows.
Open Wednesday to Sunday, 16 Nov until 5 Jan 2020 including Mon 30 & Tue 31 Dec 2019 (closed 23-26 Dec)
Advance booking only for decorated rooms in the House for all visitors including National Trust and Art Fund members. Note: a limited number of rooms in the house are decorated for Christmas, while others are closed for conservation and cleaning.
National Trust members & Under 5: Free
(ticket valid from 11am-6pm, on the day of your visit)
Grounds and house
All house tickets must be booked in advance. There will be no House tickets for sale on the day.
National Trust members, weekdays: £5 adult, £2.50 child, £12.50 family (up to 2 adults + 3 children) (house ticket valid for time slot chosen)
National Trust members, weekends: £7.50 adult, £3.75 child, £18.75 family (up to 2 adults + 3 children) (house ticket valid for time slot chosen)
Unmissable Christmas Carnival highlights
Decorated rooms, East Wing and Bachelors' Wing
11.30am-6pm, Wed-Sun, until 5 Jan 2020
This year the House decorations have taken inspiration from traditional carols to contemporary Christmas songs, from The Holly and the Ivy to Irving Berlin and a cascade of vinyl Christmas hits. You’ll find dazzling decorations and trees sparkling with lights.
Light in motion, Coach House at the Stables
11am-6pm, until 5 Jan 2020
Arrive at the Stables and walk through the Coach House where you’ll see an amazing light installation. As you wander through, dozens of orbs of light will rise and fall from the floor to the ceiling, set to a soundscape. The illuminated kinetic orbs will change in time to the audio setting.
Aviary garden light trail
From dusk-6pm, Wed-Sun, until 2 Jan 2019
The whole family will enjoy following our illuminated light trail. See the trees and bushes lit up with a rainbow of colours. Walk through a brightly sparkling portal and see glitter balls and wine bottles hanging from branches.
Visiting tips for Christmas
- You may want to bring a torch too as some parking areas have limited lighting.
- There are four buses and two big bendy buses (kids love them!) continuously shuttling visitors to the house, but if you would prefer to walk the route is lit all the way.
- Our lit woodchip pathway is steep in places and after rain can become quite muddy so we don’t advise this walk for anyone with a pushchair, wheelchair or scooter.
- Our bus queue may look long but it really does move quickly.
- Please wrap up in warm clothes and wear wellies or boots.
- You can find warm covered seating, with sheepskins and blankets in the Winter Wigwam, where we serve hearty food and drinks including mulled wine.
What’s the best time to come?
- If you are looking for a quieter time to visit, we suggest a weekday visit. We are open Wed-Sun until 5 Jan (except 23-26 Dec).
- The light projections and light trail are better the darker it gets.