Winter weekends at Waddesdon
This January to March be inspired by the great outdoors and enjoy walks with the whole family. Snuggle under a blanket, spend time with friends and don't forget to bring your dog.
Forget the winter blues by getting out and enjoying the great outdoors. Explore the gardens that are full of stark beauty, with early spring flowers such as snowdrops and winter aconities. We have three key points to help you make the most of the winter at Waddesdon.
Spend time with friends
Make a date with the people you love; whether it's catching up over coffee and cake or enjoying a walk in the countryside, create treasured moments and simply take the time to enjoy their company.
Connect with nature
Get outside, turn your phone off and soak up nature's beauty. Nurture your wellbeing, there's never been a better opportunity to explore the outdoors this winter.
Savour a sense of cosiness by pulling on some warm knitted socks, snuggle under a blanket, curl up with a book and enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
Bringing your dog
As not all visitors are dog-loving people and to help protect our beautiful surroundings we just ask that you adhere to our dos and don'ts for bringing your dog.
- Please keep dogs on short leads at all times.
- Dogs are welcome anywhere in the grounds with the exception of the Aviary, Parterre and Woodland Playground.
- Use our dog map to see our dog friendly areas.
- Be aware that although we love them outside, dogs are not allowed inside any building, shop, cafè or on the shuttle bus. Only assistance dogs will be allowed on the buses. Please note that the walk from the car park to the house is approximately 15 minutes, with an uphill section and is muddy in places so please bring suitable footwear.
- You can enjoy outdoor refreshment with your dog at the Stables Courtyard, Manor Terrace and Coffee Bar.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens and inside the Manor.
- Please clear up after your dog and use one of our bins. Please note that additional dog waste bins are being added around the main grounds but do not yet appear on the Christmas map, please ask at the Information & Bags building for nearest locations.
We're incredibly excited about allowing dogs into the grounds and we know that it makes a huge difference to your day out.
Use our downladable dog map to locate areas dogs are not allowed and waste bins.