Walking your dog at Waddesdon
Dogs are welcome at Waddesdon all year round. Bring along your four-legged friend to enjoy the grounds, and help us protect the landscape by keeping your dog on a lead and picking up after it.
Days out with your dog - the essentials
- Dogs are welcome at Waddesdon all year round
- Water bowls are located across the site
- Please keep dogs on short leads at all times
- Dogs are welcome anywhere in the grounds with the exception of the Aviary, Parterre and Woodland Playground
- Use our dog map to see our dog friendly areas
- Be aware that although we love them outside, dogs are not allowed inside any building, shop or cafès
- Dogs are welcome on the shuttle buses from the car park to the Manor. We may ask you to wait for a quieter bus in busier times
- Please note that the walk from the car park to the house is approximately 20 minutes, with an uphill section and is muddy in places so please bring suitable footwear
- You can enjoy outdoor refreshment with your dog at the Stables Courtyard, Manor Terrace and Coffee Bar
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the gardens and inside the Manor
- Please clear up after your dog and use one of our bins.
Use our downladable dog map to locate areas dogs are not allowed and waste bins.
A history of hounds at Waddesdon
Dogs have always been an important aspect of Waddesdon. Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild had a beloved pet poodle called Poupon, who he trained to perform tricks for his guests, such as jumping over a course set up in the East Gallery. So loved was Poupon, following his death he was buried in the grounds of Waddesdon. His small gravestone, carved with his name, is located on Ash Tree Walk.