Groups and educational visits
The National Trust offers a range of outdoor courses on Wenlock Edge and Wilderhope and also accommodates Duke of Edinburgh award groups.
Due to limited coach parking we ask that all group and education visits are booked in advance whether or not our teaching services are required. To book contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
Please be aware and prepared that there are no toilets on site, the nearest public toilets are in Much Wenlock and at Wilderhope Manor.
Our ranger team can offer guided visits tailored to your group. We offer sessions including:
- Guided walk (varying lengths)
- Brief introduction to Wenlock Edge and Wilderhope
- Fossil hunting
- Obstacle course
- Wildlife spotting: Bug hunts, bird watching, bat detecting
- Wild flower identification in our meadows and meet the Hebridean sheep
- Pond dipping (at Wilderhope)
- Den building
- Making bug hotels
- Making nature crowns
- Make mud pies
- Coppicing and a campfire (children >10 years old)
- Woodland scavenger hunt
- Myths and legends of Wenlock Edge (storytelling walk)
- Small mammal trapping (this activity must start at 9am)
- Wild food foraging (At Wilderhope in May)
- Guided walks – varying lengths ranging from 2.5 miles to 6 miles.
It is essential to telephone to check availability, to discuss session details and the needs of your group as we tailor sessions to cater to your group and advise on activities that work best together.
For led services we require a minimum booking of 20 students and a minimum of two accompanying adults. Due to resources the maximum group size for led services is 60 students.
You do not need to come to Wenlock Edge and Wilderhope as a guided group as we have spaces every day for self-led groups. These must be booked though us as well. There is a booking fee of £1.00 per head (minimum fee £18.00). This covers conservation of paths & countryside, parking facilities etc. Education Group Members free.