Take a tour of Bembridge Fort
Bembridge Fort is situated on top of Bembridge Down. It was built in the 1860s at the same time as the Needles Old Battery but inside it is very different, both in its layout and general condition.
Explore the Fort
Tours cost £4.50 per adult and £2.25 per child aged 10-16 years (National Trust members free), and must be booked in advance. They last approximately 1½ hours and are held every Tuesday at 2pm from April to October.
If you are considering coming on a tour, then you may find the following information useful:
- There is free car parking just past the fort on the left hand side of the road.
- There are no toilet or refreshment facilities available at the fort.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the fort but we’re afraid we can’t accommodate non assistance dogs.
- The nature of the building means that there are some uneven floors, steep steps (although it is possible to miss these out) and narrow corridors. It can also be quite cool inside, so please wear clothing and footwear suitable for these conditions.
- We supply torches for the darker sections of the tour.