What will you discover?
Pack a hamper for a picnic lunch, then make your way down the footpath to our visitor reception where you can pick up your special explorer pack. If there's a wait to get into the house, or if you're just visiting the garden today, ask for our special garden trail. You'll be using your binoculars, tape measure and magnifying glass to find out all about our secret garden and the creatures who live in it. Don't forget to play hide and seek in the orchard or wilderness garden before you go.
Share the adventure
Family Explorer packs are a great way to discover the house and garden together - ask for them at Visitor Reception. Our friendly volunteers will give you a few clues. Watch out for Charles the cat as he is often curled up in a warm spot!
- bring a picnic to enjoy in the garden
- enjoy the family house and garden trails
- pick up fresh fruit for a snack in season
- search for the Secret Room
- play hide and seek in the orchard or wilderness garden