The Old Church
This beautiful sandstone church has been part of village life since 1840.
The Church was built by Michael Harrison, then living in Glenmona, for the benefit of Protestant gentry, who previously had to travel to Layde Church in Cushendun to worship.
Constructed with locally quarried sandstone, it is quite similar to Layde, except that its tower is crowned by tapering corner pinnacles.
Among those buried here are Ronald John McNeil (Baron Cushendun), who rebuilt Glenmona, and his first cousin Ada McNeil.
The small congregation was boosted in summer months by visitors, who have included poets Louis MacNeice, John Masefield and Nesta Higginson (Moira O'Neill).
Over time the congregation dwindled and the church was deconsecrated in 2003.
In 2006 the Cushendun Building Preservation Trust was established with the aim of restoring the building as a community and arts centre and the church was a regional winner in the BBC's Restoration Village series.