Attending the members' Annual General Meeting
This year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), open to all National Trust members, takes place on Saturday 20 October 2018 at the STEAM Museum, Swindon. If you’re planning to attend, you can read an outline of the agenda below, plus details on how to get there.
09:30 Doors open at STEAM
- Meet our staff
10:30 Morning session
- Welcome and introduction from the Chair, Tim Parker
- Hear from the Director-General, Hilary McGrady
- Members’ questions
- Adoption of the annual report and accounts and appointment of the auditors
- Result of the ballot for the election of Council members
- Result of the ballot for the election of Appointing Bodies to the Council
13:15 Afternoon session
- Members’ resolution about the use of barbed wire on National Trust properties
- Hear about what we are doing for nature
- Voting results on the members’ resolution
Please note: timings are approximate and the order of items may change on the day. The AGM is a chance for members to have their say, as well as to find out more about what the National Trust has achieved in the last year and our plans for the future. As a result, the event is only open to National Trust members. If you plan to attend, please remember to bring your membership card with you.
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments
Breakfast at Heelis
Refreshments will be available to purchase for breakfast before the AGM starts.
Breakfast at STEAM
A limited breakfast of snacks and hot and cold drinks will be available to purchase in Caerphilly Castle once you have made your way through registration.
Lunch at STEAM
Due to the shorter nature of the lunch break, a selection of sandwiches and light refreshments will be served free of charge in the main hall. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Afternoon tea at Heelis
Afternoon tea will be available to purchase after the AGM finishes.