Attending the members' Annual General Meeting
This year’s Annual General Meeting (AGM), open to all National Trust members, takes place on Saturday 21 October 2017 at the STEAM Museum, Swindon. If you’re planning to attend, you can read an outline of the agenda below, plus details on how to get there, and how to send us your questions for the AGM in advance.
9.30am Doors open at STEAM
Registration and refreshments
10.30am Morning agenda
- Welcome and introduction from the Chair
- Report from the Director-General
- Members’ questions
- Adoption of the annual report and accounts and appointment of the auditors
- Voting results on the elections to the Council
- Members’ resolution about the A303 at Stonehenge
1.30pm Afternoon agenda
- Members’ resolution for a cessation of trail hunting, exempt hunting and hound exercise
- A talk about land, outdoors and nature
Please note: timings are approximate and the order of items may change on the day. The AGM is a chance for members to have their say, as well as to find out more about what the National Trust has achieved in the last year and our plans for the future. As a result, the event is only open to National Trust members. If you plan to attend, please remember to bring your membership card with you.
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments
Breakfast at Heelis
Refreshments will be available to purchase for breakfast before the AGM starts.
Breakfast at STEAM
A limited breakfast of snacks and hot and cold drinks will be available to purchase in Caerphilly Castle once you have made your way through registration.
Lunch at STEAM
Due to the shorter nature of the lunch break, a selection of sandwiches and light refreshments will be served free of charge in the main hall. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
Afternoon tea at Heelis
Afternoon tea will be available to purchase after the AGM finishes.