Gift cards: terms and conditions
Our gift cards are on sale in our shops, the National Trust online shop and in larger Sainsbury’s, Tesco and WH Smith stores.
The following terms and conditions apply to our gift cards:
1. Gift cards can be redeemed at most National Trust properties (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland), in our shops, cafes or towards Pick Up and Go membership purchased from our online . They can also be used for National Trust holiday cottage telephone bookings, or when staying at the three Historic House Hotels and for purchases made from the online shop.
2. Gift cards cannot be used for other telephone or online purchases.
3. Gift cards are not valid against the purchase of more gift cards. Our gift cards cannot be accepted at certain on-site outlets not operated by the National Trust.
4. If you do not spend the entire amount on the gift card the remaining balance will be updated after each purchase and shown on your printed receipt. The balance can be used against future purchases.
5. Gift cards can be used as part payment for a transaction with the balance being paid by another accepted method.
6. If any product purchased with a gift card is subsequently exchanged for a product of lower price or a refund, any money owing will be issued as a gift card.
7. Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. The gift card is not a cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge card. The National Trust cannot be held liable for lost or stolen cards – please protect them as you would cash.
9. Your gift card will either expire 24 months after the date of issue or 24 months from the last transaction (which ever comes later). A transaction is a sale or a top up. Any remaining balance is cancelled on expiry. We reserve the right to amend terms and conditions of our gift cards at any time and take appropriate action, including cancellation of a card, if necessary, in return for an appropriate refund.
10. Nothing in these terms affect your rights at law (for instance, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015). Please see the Citizens Advice website at citizensadvice.org.uk for more details.
Please note:Gift cards can only be sold and redeemed at on-site outlets operated by the National Trust with card payment machines - they cannot be used at properties that haven’t got them.
• These are usually our very small properties which may not have a shop or restaurant.
• Properties operated by others such as donor families, local councils or other organisations.
• On-site outlets operated by other commercial organisations, such as food and beverage outlets.
The main exception properties are Giant’s Causeway, St Michael’s Mount, Porth y Swnt - Aberdaron shop, Tatton Park, Wakehurst Place, Buscot Park and Ascott.