Online shop delivery and returns
Date: Wednesday 20 May – Coronavirus latest information
Following the government’s initial easing of lockdown restrictions on Sunday 10 May 2020, we are thrilled to be able to reopen our online shop. We have worked with our supply and distribution partners to ensure that we can reopen, while prioritising the safety of our staff and supply chain colleagues.
It is through your purchases and support that we are able to continue to care for the nature, beauty and history we all miss and have deep affection for.
Thank you for enabling us to care for these places for everyone, for ever.
What should I do if my order isn't delivered?
We're still working on the 3-5 working day delivery time frame for UK deliveries but we're expereincing some delays with couriers, so it may be slightly longer. We will be keeping in regular contact with all organisations in the supply chain and will notify you as soon as possible, if we are unable to fulfil an order.
Therefore, we kindly ask for your patience and understanding at this time. However, if your order hasn’t been delivered, please call our customer service team on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon-Fri) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to offer international orders at this time. Once air travel restrictions are lifted and delays are minimal, we will start accepting international orders.
What should I do if an item is missing from my order?
If an item is missing from your order, please contact our customer service team on 0300 123 2025 or +44 300 123 2025 from overseas, between 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon-Fri) or email email@example.com
Please let us know exactly what’s wrong with your order. Remember to include your order number and full name as this will help us speed up the search for your order details.
Our returns policy
If you have bought something from the online shop or one of our on-property shops, and would like to return it, keep the item (in its original condition) and contact our customer service team on 0300 123 2025 or +44 300 123 2025 from overseas, between 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon-Fri).
The customer service team will be able to process refunds in line with our standard policy.
We will do our best to ensure prompt refund payment, but there may be a delay, so we ask for your understanding.
Our standard 30 day returns policy applies, however if you would prefer to return an item to our on-property shops, when they reopen, we will honour the refund for a period of 30 days after reopening.
By original condition, we mean unused and in its original packaging with labels.
This policy is in addition to your statutory rights and Consumer Rights. To read more about your consumer rights you can access the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 under section 9 of our Terms and Conditions.
We’re unable to accept returns for the following items:
- Products that have been personalised for you such as stationery or gifts.
- Perishable goods such as flowers, food or real Christmas trees.
- Sealed audio or video recordings that have been unsealed after you receive them.
- Any products which are services relating to the supply of leisure activities (including but not limited to our gift experiences), where the services provide for a specific date or period of activity.
- Gift cards.
- Shops at some National Trust places are operated by other organisations. For example, purchases from; Waddesdon Manor, St Michaels Mount, Tatton Park and Porth y Swnt aren’t covered by this policy. Please contact these shops directly to enquire about their return policy.
- Under normal operating conditions, plant returns can only be made to a National Trust shop. Unfortunately, due to the closure of our shops, we’re unable to accept any returns or refunds on plant sales
What should I do if I've received a faulty or incorrect item in my order?
Returning a damaged, defective or incorrect item:
- If the item was damaged in transit: call our customer service centre on 0300 123 2025 or +44 300 123 2025 from overseas, 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon - Fri).
- If the item is defective: call our customer service centre on 0300 123 2025 or +44 300 123 2025 from overseas, 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon - Fri). You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep any warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault.
- If we sent you an item you did not order (an 'incorrect' item): please call our online customer service centre on 0300 123 2025 or +44 300 123 2025 from overseas, between 8am - 5pm GMT (Mon - Fri) and we’ll send you a pre-paid postage voucher in order to return the incorrect item to us.
To ensure the safe return of your items and the correct allocation of the items against your account, please follow the guidelines below:
- Include your delivery note or receipt.
- Indicate why you’re returning the item.
If you don’t have the delivery note, please include a piece of paper with the name of the person who purchased the items, their email address, telephone number, the order number and the reason for the return.
Please ensure that any items to be sent back are returned securely. The National Trust cannot be held liable for returned items which do not reach us.
National Trust Returns
Express Business Park