Online shop delivery and returns
It is through your purchases and support that we are able to continue to care for nature, beauty and history for everyone, for ever. Thank you.
UK delivery charges
Free delivery on orders over £50.
For orders up to £49.99:
Delivery time: 3 - 5 working days
Standard delivery: £2.50
Guidebooks/Small Wonders: £2.50
Touring passes: free
We have reduced our standard delivery charge to help customers, who due to the second lockdown in England, are unable to shop at a National Trust location. The reduced standard delivery fee will end once the majority of properties reopen after lockdown.
Gift cards are sent separately to other products and different delivery charges apply:
Standard 1st class: £1.95
Recorded (signed for) 1st class: £2.95
Courier service: £6.95
Gift cards are excluded from all promotions, including free delivery on orders over £50.
Digital gift cards sent by email do not incur any delivery charges.
For guaranteed delivery before Christmas please order by 11:59pm on Monday 21 December 2020 for delivery by Christmas Eve.
Need a last-minute gift? Why not gift one of our digital gift cards instead, they’re delivered almost instantly to yours or the recipient’s inbox.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We’ve extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any goods bought between 23 October and 24 December 2020 can be returned up until 29 January 2021, if it’s unwanted or unsuitable.
What should I do if my order isn't delivered?
We're still working on a 3-5 working day delivery time frame but we're experiencing some delays with couriers, so it may be slightly longer. We are in regular contact with all organisations in the supply chain and will notify you as soon as possible, if we are unable to fulfil an order.
We ask for your patience and understanding at this time. However, if your order hasn’t been delivered, please call our customer service team on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to offer international orders at this time. Once air travel restrictions are lifted and delays are minimal, we will start accepting international orders.
What should I do if an item is missing from my order?
If an item is missing from your order, please contact our customer service team on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat) or email email@example.com
Please let us know exactly what’s wrong with your order. Remember to include your order number and full name as this will help us speed up the search for your order details.
Our returns policy
If you have bought something from the online shop or one of our on-property shops, and would like to return it, keep the item (in its original condition) and contact our customer service team on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat).
The customer service team will be able to process refunds in line with our standard policy.
We will do our best to ensure prompt refund payment, but there may be a delay, so we ask for your understanding.
Our standard 30 day returns policy applies, however if you would prefer to return an item to our on-property shops, when they reopen, we will honour the refund for a period of 30 days after reopening.
By original condition, we mean unused and in its original packaging with labels.
This policy is in addition to your statutory rights and Consumer Rights. To read more about your consumer rights you can access the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 under section 9 of our Terms and Conditions.
We’re unable to accept returns for the following items:
- Products that have been personalised for you such as stationery or gifts.
- Perishable goods such as flowers, food or real Christmas trees.
- Sealed audio or video recordings that have been unsealed after you receive them.
- Any products which are services relating to the supply of leisure activities (including but not limited to our gift experiences), where the services provide for a specific date or period of activity.
- Gift cards.
- Shops at some National Trust locations are operated by other organisations including; Waddesdon Manor, St Michaels Mount, Tatton Park and Porth y Swnt, and aren’t covered by this policy. Please contact these shops directly for their return policy.
- Under normal operating conditions, plant returns can only be made to a National Trust shop. Unfortunately, due to the closure of our shops, we’re unable to accept any returns or refunds on plant sales.
What should I do if I've received a faulty or incorrect item in my order?
Returning a damaged, defective or incorrect item:
- If the item was damaged in transit: call our customer service centre on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat).
- If the item is defective: call our customer service centre on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat). You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep any warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault.
- If we sent you an item you did not order (an 'incorrect' item): please call our online customer service centre on 0300 123 2025, between 8am - 7pm (Mon - Sat) and we’ll send you a pre-paid postage voucher in order to return the incorrect item to us.
To ensure the safe return of your items and the correct allocation of them against your account, please include your delivery note or receipt and state why you are returning the item.
If you don’t have the delivery note, please include a piece of paper with the name of the person who purchased the items, their email address, telephone number, the order number and the reason for the return.
National Trust Returns
Express Business Park