Pitch your tent at Eskdale Campsite
Pitch your tent in the picturesque Eskdale Valley at the foot of England’s steepest road, Hardknott Pass.
Whether you’re camping with friends or family, the glorious setting of this Lakes campsite will guarantee you’ll create wonderful holiday memories.
This compact site has three lovely flat meadow areas. You can tuck your tent away near the babbling beck and play area with easy access to the path to the pub, or relax in the main tree-lined field. On the far side of the beck, you can cross the bridge on foot to the car free meadow which is located alongside the road.
Unlike our other campsites in the Lake District, the pitches are dual-use for campervans and tents with options for electric hook up, so cars can be parked next to your tent.
There are three types of pitch at Eskdale:
- dual-use EHU pitches (campervan up to 6.5m long or tent up to 7m x 5m).
- large dual-use EHU pitches (campervan up to 6.5m or tent up to 8m x 8m).
- dual-use non-EHU (campervan up to 6.5m long or tent up to 7m x 5m).
- small tent pitches in the car free meadow.
Advanced bookings only
We can only accept campers who have made advanced bookings with a minimum of 2 nights. This is so that we can ensure social distancing on site and manage numbers.
Please enter your requirements into the 'Enquire and book' box on the main campsite page - link below. Pitch prices are per night and include 1 tent, 1 adult and 1 vehicle.
Tent sizes (please note we accept only 4 adults maximum in any group)
- Small (mountain tent) – up to 3 berth
- Medium – up to 5 berth
- Larger (family tent) – 6 to 8 berth
Please arrive at the campsite by 7pm.