See the stars at Headley Heath
This is a popular spot with local astronomy groups, who consider Headley Heath to be one of the best places in Surrey for stargazing. Keep an eye out for deer, badgers, foxes and bats. The terrain is well-maintained and flat, so it’s perfect for all the family.
The best place to explore the night sky is from the play area just beside Headley Heath car park, which is just outside the M25, with good links to London. There’s easy access to the car park from the main Headley Common Road.
More stargazing spots in London and the South East:
- Situated on the highest point of the South Downs, Black Down's sweeping skies make it an ideal spot for observing the stars.
- Free from light pollution, Bignor car park on the Slindon Estate offers a high point on the top of the South Downs.
- View the night sky from the highest point in south east England at Leith Hill Tower in Surrey.
- The top of Echo Mount as well as the car park at Knole offer great views of the night sky.
- Morden Hall Park is a 125 acre oasis of dark skies on the edge of London. Get the tram to Phipps Bridge and you will find yourself right next to a big field that is perfect for stargazing.