Why we champion sustainable food
A sustainable food system should support people, animals, the environment and local economies.
We can support a better food system by:
- Eating food in season
- Supporting environmentally friendly farming
- Meat and dairy: eating quality not quantity
- Seeking out sustainable fish
- Choosing Fairtrade or Rainforest Alliance when buying globally sourced commodities
- Choosing no packaging or a small amount of packaging
- Eating healthy food that promotes wellbeing
- Wasting less food
These principles have been developed in partnership with Sustain: the Alliance for better food and farming.
You can learn more about our vision for sustainable food and farming in England, Wales and Northern Ireland by reading the publications below.