Learning at Fountains Abbey
From the grand ruins of the medieval abbey to the elegant beauty of the Georgian water gardens, Fountains Abbey cannot fail to inspire.
What we offer
History, art, literacy, science, even maths can all be given new inspiration through our learning workshops and skilled guides.
You can book a self-led school visit, or a workshop session which our team will lead.
Contact our Booking Coordinator on 01765 643197 or email to make a booking. Or speak to our Learning Officer on the contact details below if you'd like to find out more.
Discover our fantastic workshops for primary and secondary schools; we've sessions to suit all key stages from EYFS to KS4.
Whether you experience a day in the life of a monk, make a felt masterpiece or go pond dipping, den building or geocaching, we offer wonderful opportunities for creative learning.
Self led activities
- Fountains Hall trail - pupils (PDF / 0MB) download
- Fountains Hall trail - teacher's notes (PDF / 0MB) download
- Fountains Abbey KS3 & KS4 local history pack (PDF / 3.9MB) download
- Fountains Abbey self led learning plan (PDF / 0MB) download
- KS1 Fountains Abbey tree trail (PDF / 1.3MB) download
- KS2 Fountains Abbey tree trail (PDF / 1.5MB) download
- Bird spotter worksheet (PDF / 0.8MB) download
- Deer spotter worksheet (PDF / 0.7MB) download
Plan your school visit
Buy Educational Group Membership to get free access for your whole school
Our Learning Officer Janet runs our Education programme, assisted by a brilliant team of friendly and knowledgeable volunteers.
You can contact Janet on 01765 643196 or send her an email.