What do you do at Godrevy?
- Do your 2 minute beach clean
- Find the geocache
- Walk along the dramatic North Cliffs
- Watch the wildlife - shhh, don't disturb them though
- Drink a very nice coffee at Godrevy Café
- Walk around the headland with an ice cream
- Explore the rockpools
- Gaze over to the lighthouse, inspiration for Virginia Woolf
- Make a self portrait in the sand
- Catch a wave
Walk the miles of golden sand of St Ives Bay, heading up onto the South West Coast Path along the cliffs for stunning scenery and relatively flat and level walking. Try out our downloadable walk Godrevy to Hell's Mouth for a good stomp, or for a more gentle stroll, amble over the North Cliffs
. Please keep dogs under close control around livestock and cliff edges.
In the summer months, if the weather's not good enough for the beach or you want a reason to explore, then borrow one of our GPS gizmos and go geocaching.
We have full instructions to get you started; just ask a member of staff at Godrevy.
Surfing is about the interaction between you and your board, you and the ocean, and you and your friends at the beach.
Swell - NW to SW swells
Wind - offshore in SE winds
Tide - all tides
At low tide Godrevy becomes the northern end of three miles of golden sand including Hayle and Gwithian. It's a dramatic place to be.
- Check the tide so you don't get cut off - buy a tide timetable or check online
- Watch the weather so you know what to wear
- Bring sun protection and hats or waterproofs and a change of clothes
- Find out what beach flags mean
- Please pick up your litter to keep the place tidy - why not join the '2 minute beach clean' revolution?
- There's a seasonal dog ban on the beach
- There are seasonal lifeguards, please obey the flags and signs
With resident and breeding birds, there is always something to see at Godrevy or neighbouring St Gothians Nature Reserve.
You may be lucky enough to see some seals on your visit to Godrevy in the sea, or hauled up on beaches. If you do spot them, please take care not to worry or disturb the seals by keeping voices low and dogs under close control.
From barefoot walks, beach cleans to surf competitions there's a whole host of events on the coast throughout the year.
page has the low down on what we get up to. Why not post a photo of your favourite spot or activity, we'd love to hear from you.
All around our shores this year we're celebrating our beautiful coast. Why not get involved too?
Treat yourself to great coffee, luxurious homemade cakes and luscious lunches. Open seven days a week throughout the year (weather-dependent in deepest darkest winter).
To check opening times, call them on 01736 757999.
Enjoy and explore
There's so much to see and do around Godrevy, for all ages and at all times of the year. Walk up and around the headland and spot the wildlife, or go swimming, paddling, surfing or rock-pooling.
Find Sallie's ice cream van in the summer months, treat yourself in Godrevy Café or bring your own picnic, find a nice spot and enjoy the views.
These days we're all much more aware of how the weather and climate can have a big impact on the places we love. Godrevy has had its fair share of storm damage recently and our ranger and car park team work hard to keep the beach and footpaths open to all.