The Rosetta CottagesCowes, Isle Of Wight
- Number of cottages 2
- Guests 16
- Bedrooms 8
- Preferred changeover day Saturday
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Number of dogs welcome 0
About The Rosetta CottagesIf you’re looking for a holiday by the sea, then you can’t get much closer than this. Two holiday cottages make up this Victorian manor right on the seafront at Cowes.
Two adjoining cottages sleeping a total of 16 guests.
Get the whole family together for a beach holiday in 5 bedroom Rosetta Cottage and adjoining 3 bedroom East Rosetta Cottage. Inside, it has all the charm of a 19th-century house with wooden floors, traditional fireplaces and a roll-top bath. Lounge over afternoon tea and watch the ships go by from the garden.
Walk to the nearby town and marina which comes to life in the summer with sailing boats bobbing on the waters. Or venture further along the island to Newton Nature Reserve – a quiet backwater with a busy Medieval past, now bursting with wildlife.
By staying in East Rosetta Cottage, you’ll be helping to conserve one third of the Isle of Wight’s coastline that the National Trust look after with your support.
Features and facilities
- Cot & high chair available
- Microwave available
- Fridge available
- Freezer available
- Dishwasher available
- Washing machine available
- Tumble dryer not available
- Telephone not available
- Television available
- DVD available
- WiFi* available
- Open fire / wood burner available
- Garden available
- BBQ not available
These cottages all have slightly different features and facilities, but those listed are present in at least one of the cottages in the group.
These cottages are perfect for a group holiday where guests can also enjoy their own space. Please note, however, that there is not enough seating for the whole party in the communal areas of either of these cottages.
Ground floor facilities
Rosetta Cottage (Sleeps 10 guests + cot)
Entrance hall, separate lavatory, large dining room with French doors to garden, large sitting room with wood-burning stove and sunroom off, kitchen, one bedroom with 2 single beds and en-suite bathroom with bath and mixer tap shower attachment.
Four bedrooms (two doubles with 5' beds, two twins) bathroom with electric shower over bath, shower room with lavatory and a separate lavatory.
East Rosetta Cottage (Sleeps 6 guests + cot)
Lobby entrance into dining room, kitchen and sitting room.
Steep stairs leading to three bedrooms (1 double with 5' bed and 2 twins) shower room with electric shower and lavatory, bathroom with electric shower over bath and separate lavatory.
Notes for guests
Access: If you would like a copy of the accessibility guide for these cottages, please call the team on 0344 800 2070.
Ferries: We recommend that if you are travelling to the Isle of Wight, you should book the ferries early due to the excessive bookings at holiday periods. There are currently three options available depending on your preferred route:
1) Wightlink Ferries - www.wightlink.co.uk. National Trust Holidays guests receive a 10% discount with Wightlink ferries between Lymington and Yarmouth, Portsmouth and Fishbourne and the catamaran between Portsmouth and Ryde (foot passenger service only). Follow this link to access Wightlink's booking system. The discount is applied once you have selected the crossing times.
2) Red Funnel Ferries - www.redfunnel.co.uk Travel Southampton/East Cowes.
3) Hovertravel - www.hovertravel.co.uk – foot passenger hovercraft service only from Portsmouth to Ryde