Potto brown's very best soda bread
Best served with a good slab of cheddar and some tasty chutney
- 225g wholemeal flour
- 225g plain white flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225g natural yoghurt
- 200 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Lightly grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Sieve the flours, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, salt and cream of tartar into a large bowl.
- Mix together the yoghurt and olive oil and stir into the dry ingredients carefully.
- Make a soft dough by adding the milk little by little.
- Shape into the loaf tin and cook for 40 minutes.
- Cool in tin at first then turn out onto a wire rack.