Summer holidays family fun
This article was about the 2019 summer holidays and will be refreshed for 2020.
There's plenty of fun in store during the school summer holidays at Ightham Mote. As well as our natural play area, house quizzes and trails, look out for our special 'Themed Thursdays' and other special events.
Every day from 10am to 5pm, families can enjoy the free fun trail around the gardens. The natural play area at the far end of the gardens is great fun too.
Inside the house from 11am, have a go at the I-spy trail, which we change every year with different versions for younger and older kids. On most days you will also find an activity cart in the Squires Room of the house.
For even more fun, come along for one of the themed Thursdays. No additional admission charges apply, although for £1 per child to cover materials on selected activities. Themed Thursday activities are 11am - 3.30pm. Some outside activities may be subject to weather conditions on the day.
For more details of other events, check out our whats on page.
There's plenty more to do this summer...
- Explore the garden with the children's map
- Try completing a few of the newly updated 50 things to do before you're 11¾
- Have a go at the I-spy trail in the house
- Let imaginations run wild in the natural play area
- Take a walk to explore the wider estate, with hours of potential enjoyment
- Enjoy a drink and bite to eat on the Mote Cafe terrace
- Have a picnic beyond the North Lake
- Get more ideas with help from our summer activity pack
Find out more about visiting Ightham Mote with a family and the facilities available to visitors.