Volunteering at Lyveden
The Lyveden Reconnected project will transform the way people visit and experience the site. We will be looking for more volunteers to bring Lyveden to life in our new facilities. There are so many ways to get involved, whether you've got lots of time or a little.
As part of the project, we’re introducing some exciting new volunteer roles. The role profile for each volunteering opportunity is a downloadable PDF document. Simply click on the links to find out more.
Food & Beverage Team:
- F&B Back of House (PDF / 0.037109375MB) download - assist the F&B team by helping to produce great food for our visitors to enjoy.
- F&B Front of House (PDF / 0.037109375MB) download - provide a warm and inviting experience, from welcoming visitors to serving and clearing tables in a prompt, efficient and pleasant manner.
- Meet & Greet (PDF / 0.0361328125MB) download
- provide a warm welcome for all visitors, answer any immediate, questions, help them to orientate themselves and generally give them the information they need to ensure they have a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable visit.
- VE Development (PDF / 0.041015625MB) download - help us develop interpretation and visitor programming by researching the history and story of Lyveden and assisting in the production of new programming activities, interpretation and future exhibitions.
- VE Engagement (PDF / 0.0400390625MB) download - helping visitors to have an inspiring and enjoyable time at Lyveden. This could be through engagement in the manor, hosting tours and talks, helping with our family offer or gathering feeback from visitors to shape the future of the spaces at Lyveden.
- Ranger (PDF / 0.03515625MB) download - keep the historic landscape at Lyveden in great condition. This could be anything from mowing the greens to laying hedges or working in the moats.
- Gardener (PDF / 0.03515625MB) download - keep the planted areas at Lyveden healthy and looking their best all year round, dead-heading, weeding and looking after the shrubs and plants.
- Events (PDF / 0.0361328125MB) download - help out with events such as Easter and our Outdoor Theatre performances. These are varied roles which help out with tasks from ticket checking to fundraising and running the refreshment gazebo.
- Photography (PDF / 0.0361328125MB) download - taking photographs of Lyveden on behalf of the National Trust to promote our places, events and other activities. This includes working to a brief and delivering images in the format we use, sending them into the property to be archived, Getting to know National Trust guidelines and filling in paperwork as needed, including model release forms and permissions.
- Administration (PDF / 0.0361328125MB) download - keep things organised and running smoothly at Lyveden by helping us with our day-to-day operational tasks, from data processing to answering queries from the public.
If volunteering sounds right for you, then we'd love to hear from you. These new volunteering roles are not available to apply for yet. However, if you've got any questions contact us via email at email@example.com. When the roles become available you can apply directly through the National Trust myvolunteering site.