Volunteering at Lyveden
There are so many ways to get involved at Lyveden, whether you've got lots of time or a little.
The role profile for each volunteering opportunity currently available at Lyveden is a downloadable PDF document - click on the links to find out more.
Food & Beverage Team:
- Baker (PDF / 0MB) download – assist the catering team by helping to produce great food for our visitors to enjoy.
- Tearoom Assistant (PDF / 0MB) download - provide a warm and inviting experience, from welcoming visitors to assisting with food preparation and serving and clearing food and drink in a prompt, efficient and pleasant manner.
- Car Park Assistant (PDF / 0MB) download - give visitors a warm welcome, set the scene for the visit and act as an orientation guide for all visitors upon arrival.
- Visitor Welcome (PDF / 0MB) download - provide a warm welcome for all visitors, answer any immediate, questions, help them to orientate themselves and generally give them the information they need to ensure they have a comfortable, enjoyable and memorable visit.
Currently not recruiting, our team of outdoors volunteers support Lyveden's Ranger with practical work to keep the gardens and landscape at Lyveden in great condition. This could be anything from mowing the greens to pruning the fruit trees or laying hedges. They also keep the Cottage garden looking its best all year round, dead-heading, weeding and looking after the shrubs and plants. The outdoor team are involved with projects like new planting and clearing overgrown areas. If you'd like to put your name on the waiting list then email us using the link below.
- Duke of Edinburgh (PDF / 0MB) download – looking for somewhere to volunteer for the service section of your Duke of Edinburgh award, well at Lyveden we have a role set up that alternates between working in the Tearoom and the Visitor Centre so you can get a taste of everything the property has to offer.
- Events volunteers - Lyveden needs volunteers to help out with events such as Easter and our Outdoor Theatre performances. These are varied roles which help out with tasks from car parking to fundraising and running the refreshment gazebo.
- Photography (PDF / 0MB) download - taing photographs of Lyveden on behalf of the National Trust to promote our places, events and other activities. This includes working to a brief and delivering images in the format we use, sending them into the property to be archived, Getting to know National Trust guidelines and filling in paperwork as needed, including model release forms and permissions.