Become a member and help protect the Yorkshire Dales
By joining the National Trust with the Yorkshire Dales team, your membership subscription will go directly towards conserving the Yorkshire Dales countryside that we help to look after.
Becoming a member is not only about visiting houses, it's also about helping to protect our precious countryside. The countryside is free for you to visit and it's open every day of the year. This means it doesn't bring us much money in, so your membership money is vital to our work in the Dales.
So what do we spend your membership money on?
- planting trees in woodlands costs £5 each
- drystone walling costs £35 per metre
- wooden tree guards to protect young trees cost £75 each
- recycled plastic boardwalk costs £75 per metre
- replanting hedges costs £10 per metre
- kissing gate costs £150
- path work costs between £25-£50 per metre depending on the surface required
Where can I join?
At the office
If you're visiting Malham Tarn you can always drop in at the estate office. If there's someone in, they'll be happy to spend a few minutes signing you up there and then.
At a show
Why not come and see us at one of the shows we'll be attending over the summer:
- Skipton Waterways Festival (4th & 6th May 2019)
- Buckden Gala (15th June 2019)
- Gargrave Show (17th August 2019)
- Malham Show (24th August 2019)
- Kilnsey Show (27th August 2019)
You can join online, but your membership money won't go directly towards the Yorkshire Dales.
Other ways to help
If you don't want to become a member today, that's fine there are other ways you can help.
Why not pop a few coins in one of our donation boxes - these donations go directly to the Dales team and help them to manage maintenance works on the ground.
Or have a think about leaving something to us in your will - legacies play a huge part in funding our project work.
Thank you for your support - we couldn't do it without you.