Win an exclusive stargazing experience
Thank you to everyone who entered our member-exclusive competition, which has now closed. The winner and runners-up have now been announced.
This competition offers members the chance to win a cosmic experience. The winner will learn more about the stars in a three-night stay in Northumberland, where they'll stay in a restored Victorian farmhouse in a Dark Sky Discovery Site and meet an astronomy expert for an evening spent stargazing.
The winner and runners-up
- Noviss, Hampshire
- Penter, Devon
- Kearns, Cambridgeshire
- Howe, Nottinghamshire
- Edmonds, Lincolnshire
- Ford, Dorset
- Parkes, West Midlands
- Gregory, East Sussex
- Bell, County Durham
- Ray, Staffordshire
- Feehan, London
In this member-exclusive competition, the lucky winner will win:
- A three-night stay in Housesteads, a Victorian farmhouse in Northumberland, from Friday 17 to Monday 20 November 2023. The farmhouse sleeps up to five people.
- A stargazing experience with an expert at Hadrian’s Wall on Saturday 18 November 2023.
- A £500 Cotswold Outdoor voucher, which could be used to purchase outdoor gear for the trip.
- A copy of our new children's book, Out and About: Sky Explorer.
- Some items from our family-friendly stargazing range.
- A £50 gift card to spend in any National Trust shop or online.
Ten runners-up will each receive a copy of our newly published children's book, Out and About: Sky Explorer.
Full terms and conditions apply and can be found below.
Terms and conditions
The open night skies in the countryside mean you’ll see thousands of sparkling stars and planets. Take a look at our top spots for stargazing.
From unique holiday cottages and rural camping locations, to bothies and bunkhouses. Discover holiday accommodation at the places we care for.
Mini astronomers can learn the names of constellations, gaze at the night sky with a telescope or build their very own solar system with our new family-friendly stargazing range.
Find out more about the National Trust’s ongoing partnership with Cotswold Outdoor as our exclusive walking partner.