February half term at Mottisfont
Enjoy mischievous activities inspired by Norman Thelwell's love of the countryside.
Set out on a ‘pony hack’ through the gardens with with our Country Capers half-term trail, packed with fun, country pursuit-type challenges, suitable for all the family.
Saturday 16 - Sunday 24 February, 10am-5pm. Pick up your trail sheet at visitor reception to explore the grounds with Thelwell-themed activities. £1 per trail.
As well as the Thelwell-themed trail out in the grounds, families can explore the hidden world of pesky pests like silverfish and woolly bears inside the house from Monday 18 - Friday 22 February, 11am-3pm. Pick up our pest trail and count how many you can find in the house, then study our pest traps and see some real-life examples.
Family fun at Mottisfont
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do.
As well as challenging yourself with our half-term activity trail, you can explore our Wild Play areas when you visit, including Boggy Climbing and Pump, Pool and Paddle.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all cafés, though not in the showrooms of the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.