February half-term fun at Mottisfont
This article was about our February half-term activities in 2018. We'll be updating with 2019 details closer to the time.
From 20 January - 29 March, you can experiment and play around the grounds with a Heath Robinson-inspired family trail. Known as "The Gadget King", Heath Robinson was famous for his hilarious drawings of over-complicated inventions, some of which will be on show in an exhibition in our gallery.
The inventions trail introduces his quirky imagination, with gadget-themed activities. You'll even get the chance to make your own curious contraption - and we're running a competition for the best designs. £1 per trail.
Family fun at Mottisfont
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do.
As well as challenging yourself with our half-term activity trail, you can explore our Wild Play areas when you visit, including Boggy Climbing and Pump, Pool and Paddle.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all cafés, though not in the showrooms of the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.