February half term at Mottisfont
This article was about our February 2020 half term activities, which have now finished. We'll be updating with 2021 information closer to the time.
Saturday 15 - Sunday 23 February, 10am-5pm. Pick up your trail sheet at visitor reception to explore the grounds. £1 per trail.
At each trail point, you'll be drawing another element of your creature to reveal your surprise creation at the end. There are other activities along the way, including making a plant pot and planting a seed to take home.
Planning a family visit
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do. Please be aware that our grounds and car park have been affected by flooding from recent extreme weather conditions - sturdy waterproof clothing and footwear advised.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs welcome around the grounds and catering outlets. There are gently-sloping areas and wide pathways around much of the grounds which are suitable for pushchairs and little legs; pathways are muddy and uneven in some places so sturdy tyres are recommended.
- Weask that pushchairs are left outside the house and rucksack-style baby carriers be left at the Entrance Hall due to space restrictions. We have hip-carrying infant seats for loan in the house.
- Highchairs, baby food warming facilities and children’s menus available in the Old Kitchen and Coach House Cafés.
- Ball games and frisbees welcome, though please not on the formal lawns in front and behind the house, or in the walled rose gardens.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.