February half term at Mottisfont
This article was about our February half term activities in 2019. We'll be updating this with 2020 information closer to the time.
Saturday 16 - Sunday 24 February, 10am-5pm. Pick up your trail sheet at visitor reception to explore the grounds with Thelwell-themed activities. £1 per trail.
Follow a naughty pony's trail of mischief around the grounds with our Country Capers half-term trail. Tackle a gymkhana and make your own rosette to take home. The trail is inspired by a Thelwell exhibition in our gallery, which includes child-family labels and little steps for close-up viewing.
As well as the Thelwell-themed trail out in the grounds, families can explore the hidden world of pesky pests like silverfish and woolly bears inside the house from Monday 18 - Friday 22 February, 11am-3pm. Pick up our pest trail and count how many you can find in the house, then study our pest traps and see some real-life examples.
Family fun at Mottisfont
There’s plenty of space to run, jump and play around our grounds, and always something for families to do.
As well as challenging yourself with our half-term activity trail, you can explore our Wild Play areas when you visit, including Boggy Climbing and Pump, Pool and Paddle.
Family friendly checklist
- Free entry for under 5s.
- Baby-changing facilities in access friendly toilets.
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and in all cafés, though not in the showrooms of the house due to space restrictions.
- Hip-carrying infant seats available for loan in the house.
- Children’s menu available from The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Highchairs and baby food warming facilities available in The Old Kitchen and Coach House Café.
- Pocket money gifts and children's books available in the shop. There are children's books in our second-hand bookshop, too.