Volunteering at Pitstone Windmill
Pitstone Windmill is the oldest post mill in the country. We need volunteers to tell the story of this ancient landmark and the part it played in its rural community - from the intricate way the mill, worked, to the history of the people who worked there.
By getting involved you could...
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated group of volunteers
- Learn new skills
- Work in a beautiful setting
- Enjoy the benefits of a volunteer card which includes 20% off in all National Trust shops and cafés (please be aware that you need to do 50 hours of volunteering a year to receive one).
- Supporting the Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistant to open / close the Windmill
- Providing visitors with information about the Windmill and actively engaging with them to ensure all our visitors have an enjoyable visit
- Actively managing the number of visitors per floor which means getting to know our Health & Safety and evacuation procedures
- Welcoming visitors to the Windmill, taking and recording admission payments and checking and recording National Trust members
- Promoting our Windmill book and National Trust membership
This role will suit you if you are …
Friendly and approachable with an ability to talk to people of all ages and backgrounds. You will need to be an enthusiatic and pro-active communicator as well as being flexible and a team player. The Windmill is open on Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays from 5 May to 26 August 2019, and we would need you to be available for a minimum of 4 shifts a season either 9.45 to 13.00 or 12.45 to 16.00.
- We’ll help you get to know Pitstone Windmill and the rest of the Ashridge Estate, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training
- We’ll also cover agreed costs of your travel between home and Pitstone Windmill.
Find out more
Contact email@example.com if you'd like to give volunteering a go.