Ignite: fire and fantasy at Polesden Lacey
Between Fri, 22 Oct 2021 – Sun, 7 Nov 2021, visitors will be able to experience the enchanting effects of fire, light and lanterns throughout the garden at Polesden Lacey.
Once the home to Edwardian society hostess, Margaret Greville, she loved to surprise and delight her visitors. We hope Ignite continues that tradition for our visitors today and we're looking forward to welcoming you.
The garden will be transformed into a brand new night-time hour-long discovery trail that has been designed for visitors of all ages to enjoy the great outdoors, made magical. We hope you enjoy it.
See the guidance below regarding visiting Polesden Lacey during the day and Ignite.
Ignite is brought to you at Polesden Lacey by Raymond Gubbay Ltd (Sony Music) in partnership with the National Trust.
Visiting Polesden Lacey during the day
If you’re planning to visit during the day whilst the Ignite event is running, please note that infrastructure will be being installed in the gardens and grounds from 18 Oct to 21 Oct and this will remain in place whilst the event is running. As a result, some areas of the property will have limited access and this may have an impact on how you would normally enjoy the formal gardens and pleasure grounds.
There are beautiful walks and viewpoints on the wider estate which are unaffected and now is the perfect time to find a quiet spot and enjoy the spectacular autumn colours spreading across the valley.
- The café will be open until 3.30pm (last orders for hot food will be at 2.30pm).
- The coffee shop and Beech Hut kiosk by Admirals Walk will be closed in the daytime.
- Our shop will be open until 4.30 pm from 22 Oct to 31 Oct and 4pm from 1 Nov to 7 Nov.
- The property will close at 5 pm from 22 Oct to 31 Oct and 4pm from 1 Nov to 7 Nov. Please arrive in plenty of time to enjoy your visit. Please note that the main toilet block will close at 4pm.
- The House will be closed for winter from 1 Nov and will reopen for Christmas on 27th November.
Your visit to Ignite
Detailed below are a few pointers to ensure your visit to Ignite goes as smoothly as possible. For more information about the event, see the FAQs below. For more information about visiting Polesden Lacey click here.
- Please arrive at the start of the trail five minutes before your trail is due to begin. If you've not been to Polesden Lacey before, please allow enough time to park your car.
- Have your car parking ticket ready to show at the entrance as it will be checked first.
- The trail is approximately ¾ of a mile and visitors should allow about an 1 hour to explore and enjoy all aspects of the trail.
- Ignite takes place outdoors and at night, please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for winter weather and bring a torch.
- Please have your tickets downloaded or printed in advance. Bring your valid National Trust membersip card to accompany your membership tickets.
- Food and drink, including alcoholic beverages will be available to purchase. The National Trust Coffee Shop will be open and there will be street food trailers located at the front of the house.
- Please discard all rubbish appropriately.
- For your own safety, please stay within the sign posted trail route.
- The house is not open during Ignite.
- Toilets are located at the entrance/exit to Polesden Lacey and within the pleasure grounds. (see Map)
If Covid-19 Government legislation requires cancellation, you can re-book your slot or get a refund. COVID-19 guidelines are being followed and processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.