Pork sausage rolls
If you think that making sausage rolls is tricky, our easy to follow recipe will help you make delicious sausage rolls every time. With crisp and flaky pastry to the tasty meaty filling, they're perfect for party treats or picnic snacks.
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
For the filling
- 500g sausage meat
- 50g white onion, finely chopped
- Pinch salt and pepper
- For the filling, place all the filling ingredients into a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- For the pastry, lay your pastry out on your work bench and cut in half length ways. Then cut each half into three so you have six squares in total.
- Split your filling into six and place a portion down the centre of each pastry square.
- Fold one half of the pastry over the sausage meat. Brush with a little beaten egg and fold the other half of the pastry up to form a seal.
- Place onto your lined baking tray with the fold side down. Brush with egg wash and score the tops with a knife.
- Place into an oven at 170°C for 30-35 minutes until golden and rise.
Hungry for more recipes?
From our kitchens to yours, why not recreate all that you love about a visit to a National Trust café? From hearty mains to light snacks and naughty treats there's something for every mood.