Full Lake Cruise on Gondola
Sail the entire length of Coniston Water aboard the majestic Steam Yacht Gondola on a 1hour 45minute Full Lake Cruise.
Starting at Coniston Pier, the cruise will take you to Lake Bank at the southern end of the lake and back up via Parkamoor, Brantwood and Monk Coniston at the northern end. On the way, you’ll hear about Coniston’s famous connections from our crew. Their commentary brings to life the history of this lake with tales about:
• Donald Campbell and his pursuit of the world water speed record
• The places that Arthur Ransome wrote about in Swallows and Amazons (you’ll pass by ‘Wild Cat Island’ and other famous landmarks)
• The legacy of John Ruskin’s work and his life at Brantwood
• The development of Coniston village from mining town to tourist centre
• The colourful history of Gondola and how she was rescued from a watery grave on the lake bed
Why not combine your weekend cruise with one of our walks? We’ve got a downloadable trail from Lake Bank or Parkamoor. Disembark at either jetty and extend your visit, hopping back on the afternoon cruise. We know dogs are a great walking companion so they’re welcome on the outer decks of Gondola.
See our timetable for when we sail and our fares.