Groups are welcome on Steam Yacht Gondola
If you’re looking for an experience in the Lake District that will delight your group look no further than a historic cruise on Coniston Water aboard a Victorian steam-powered yacht.
Glide along the Water on one of our cruises below, taking in some of the history and scenery of this special place in the Lake District – the latest UK World Heritage Site.
Our 2019 cruises
Head of the Lake cruise
This is our regular 45-minute round trip cruise departing from Coniston Pier. There are options to combine a cruise with a visit to Brantwood House, the home of John Ruskin (not National Trust, see contact details below) or disembark at Monk Coniston for a moderate level walk to Tarn Hows. Group fare: £10 per person
Full Lake cruise
Enjoy a 1hour 45minute sail around the lake from Coniston Pier and immerse yourself in the nostalgia of this steam experience with full commentary on Gondola’s connection to Swallows and Amazons, the history of the yacht and Coniston’s water speed ace Donald Campbell and Bluebird K7. Group fare: £17 per person
Walk & Cruise
At weekends we offer an earlier sail at 11am for the Full Lake cruise giving you time to hop off, walk one of our suggested routes, below, and then get back on the yacht at one of our jetties for your return to Coniston Pier. You’ll need to request the Gondola to stop at either Parkamoor or Lake Bank jetty.
- Parkamoor walk (7.5km): Cruise for 55 minutes disembarking at Parkamoor jetty on the east side of the lake and return from Brantwood jetty. Group fare: £13 per person
- Lake Bank walk (12km): Enjoy a 45 minute cruise to the far southern tip of the lake. This walk takes you over Beacon Fell back to Coniston Pier. Group fare: £10 per person
General information for groups
- Party leader travels free.
- Free coach parking and toilets are available at our departure point at Coniston Pier.
- There are no toilets on board.
- Refreshments are available at the excellent Bluebird Café at Coniston Pier. There is also a café at Brantwood.
- Please allow plenty of time for your journey to Coniston. Groups should aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before sailing time.
We can suggest itineraries working with neighbouring attractions so that your group can make the most of their time in the Lake District. To discuss your group’s requirements, please call our booking office on 015394 32733 or send us an email.