Take a Tramper at Tarn Hows
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2020: Please note that our trampers are not yet available for use again; but we are working on how we can get them back in operation in a sustainable way. More info will be put here as and when we do.
The Tramper is an all-terrain mobility scooter available for use on the circular track round the tarn and is suitable for those who can use handlebar steering and controls (a short introductory session will be given before use).
Access for all
It's part of our commitment to make more of our beautiful places accessible to those who are less physically able. The Tramper was made possible with generous funding from Go Lakes and Alan and Pat Parfett.
We really hope that many of you who might otherwise miss the chance to see beautiful Tarn Hows fully will come and enjoy it.
- Please pre-book by calling the office on 01539441456 for a timeslot. Please allow 48 hours notice when booking. If you're looking to hire a tramper on the same day please arrive at the main Tarn Hows car park and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Free of charge - voluntary donations are always much appreciated. See below to donate or you can do so in person on the day.
- Trampers may not be available in poor weather conditions.
- Trampers are available in one and a half hour slots. The first slot is at 9.30am and the last slot departs at 2.30pm daily.
- Your slot will include a safety briefing, test drive and the completion of a user form, if you are late arriving, you will have a shorter window to use the Tramper.
Help us continue to provide the much loved tramper service
You can donate online to help us maintain the tramper mobility scooters at Tarn Hows and potentially secure another one for future use. Thank you.