Christmas at Tredegar House
Get into the Christmas spirit as we dress the house in traditional decorations and fill the house with music, merriment and festive feeling for a truly Victorian experience.
'A Christmas Carol' experience
Meet the ghosts of Christmas past, present and yet to come as they try their hardest to teach him the true meaning of Christmas. Make Jacob Marley's paper chains and see if you can melt Scrooge's heart with a Christmas card or two...
What else is going on?
He's a popular man so we'll give you a timed ticket for entry when you visit our welcome team at reception. There's no need to pre-book but please be aware the closer to Christmas we get the busier he becomes.
Local craftspeople will be selling their handmade products in our Christmassy barn next to the Brewhouse Tearooms - it's the best way to break free of the high street this festive season.
- Dates: 26 & 27 Nov, 3 & 4, 10, 11 & 12*, 17, 18 & 19 December *As you can see we have added two extra dates to our Christmas weekends this year but please note that Father Christmas will be taking a break on Monday 12 December.
- Opening times: 10.30 - 5pm (last entry 4pm, pomander making finishes at 4pm). On arrival, you will receive a timed ticket for entry to the house and visits to Father Christmas.
- Prices: Normal admission charges apply, for those wishing to visit Father Christmas it’s an extra £2.50 per child and pomanders are £1 each.
Our brand new Yuletide tours are perfect for those wishing to see Tredegar House dressed in all its Christmas finery while escaping the hustle and bustle of the weekend.
Discover more about Morgan family’s own festive traditions and the tales of Charles Morgan, who celebrated the season with gusto across a two week period of frivolities.
Discover the state rooms which hosted the celebrations and the network of kitchens and servants rooms which serviced these grand parties.
Spaces are limited so tours should be pre-booked in advance. Book your tour now.
- Dates: 2nd, 9th & 16th December
- Tour times: 11.30-12.30
- Prices: £6 per person for National Trust members, £8 per person for non-National Trust members. Normal admission charges do not apply.