Christmas at Tredegar House
Get into the Christmas spirit as we dress the house in traditional decorations and fill the house with music, merriment and festive feeling for a truly Victorian experience.
'A Christmas Carol' experience
What else is going on?
- Dates: 26 & 27 Nov, 3 & 4, 10, 11 & 12*, 17, 18 & 19 December. *As you can see we have added two extra dates to our Christmas weekends this year but please note that Father Christmas will be taking a break on Monday 12 December.
- Opening times: 10.30 - 5pm (last entry 4pm)
- Prices: Normal admission charges apply, for those wishing to visit Father Christmas it’s an extra £2.50 per child and pomanders are 50p each.
- Dates: Monday 12 December
- Wreath making times: XX. The house and gardens are open from 10.30-5pm for those wishing to take in the ‘A Christmas Carol’ experience.
- Prices: £XX per person. Normal admission charges do not apply.
Our brand new Yuletide tours are perfect for those wishing to see Tredegar House dressed in all its Christmas finery while escaping the hustle and bustle of the weekend.
Discover more about Morgan family’s own festive traditions and the tales of Charles Morgan, who celebrated the season with gusto across a two week period of frivolities.
Discover the state rooms which hosted the celebrations and the network of kitchens and servants rooms which serviced these grand parties.
Spaces are limited so tours should be pre-booked in advance. You can do so here.
- Dates: 2nd, 9th & 16th December
- Tour times: 11.30-12.30
- Prices: £6 per person for National Trust members, £8 per person for non-National Trust members. Normal admission charges do not apply.