- The two different designs of shaped gable on the main facade
- Original 16th-century glass among the 576 panes in the Great hall window
- A slight mistake in the plasterwork upstairs in the Great chamber
- The view from the Great chamber window to St Newlyn East Church
- Where domestic houses have their garages Trerice has its barn. Of almost equal size to the house this lofty space was once used for storing grain and is now home to the Barn restaurant.
From wooden skittles to an enormous table and a 300 year old longcase clock, the collection on show at Trerice is of interest to visitors of all ages.
The collection of over a thousand pieces is available to view online for people around the world to enjoy whether they're planning to visit or want to find out more about a particular object.
A brief history of Trerice
Good marriages and positions at the Royal Court helped the Arundell family prosper and build their house at Trerice in 1572-3. Over 200 years later the Aclands of Killerton inherited and carried out some of the major restoration work. However, Thomas Dyke Acland never got around to restoring the North wing.
By the time the National Trust purchased Trerice in 1953, most of the North wing had become derelict. Mr John Elton took on the lease and invested a considerable sum of his own money on the rebuild of this part of the house.