Autumn fun for families at Uppark
Start your families autumn adventures here at Uppark. There's an autumn family trail to discover in the gardens, new '50 things to do before you're 11 ¾' activities and pocket money gifts in our shop.
October half term potions trail
Extended to run until 24 November, 10am-3.30pm
Bring little ones dressed as green witches and warlocks to fly around Uppark's autumnal gardens. They'll follow the trail clues to discover facts about nature and learn tales from local ancient folklore.
Collect the trail from the Golden Gate kiosk. Trails cost £1 per child, plus usual admission prices to the estate.
We reccomend allowing 45 minutes to complete the trail, though do allow more time if you're visiting with a buggy. The trail is suitable for all ages, though we think children up to 10 years old would enjoy this best. The trail is completely outdoors, so remember to dress for the weather.
There are new '50 things to do before you're 11¾' activities ready for children to complete this autumn.
Explore the tunnels
From the servants' quarters, adventurers young and old can lead the family through the subterranean tunnels. They would have been used by the servants to pass unseen between the house and what was once the kitchen, but today, they provide a convenient rain-free route to our café.
Plan your visit
- Garden, shop and café open from 10am - 4pm.
- Last orders in the cafe at 3.30pm.
- Children under 5 go free
- With family membership you can enjoy great adventures at many National Trust places and free car parking at countryside sites. Memberships for both one-adult and two-adult families are available, just ask our team at reception for more information.
Facilities and access
- Baby-changing facilities by Visitor Reception, in the Shop and Tunnels toilets
- Highchairs and microwave available in the café
- Pushchairs admitted around the grounds and cafe, though not in the house due to space restrictions
- Dogs on a short lead in our outdoors areas are always welcome at Uppark, and we provide waste bins and water bowls at various points around the estate.