Family-friendly things to do at The Vyne
Get the most out of the upcoming holiday season by discovering all the things to do on a family day out at The Vyne from 25 November. With indoor and outdoor trails, there's plenty to keep little ones entertained. Find out what family-friendly events are coming up and how best to plan your day with children in mind.
Planning your family visit
- There are toilets and baby changing facilities on your left after you get through visitor reception and also at the Brewhouse tea-room next to the mansion
- The garden has hard gravel pathways, but you might prefer to use a child carrier if you’re planning on going further afield
- The Brewhouse tea-room is a bit snug, so you’ll need to leave your buggy or pushchair outside
- In the house, we’ve got slings for you to carry small children in. Again, you’ll need to leave your buggy or pushchair outside and any items such as bags are left at your own risk
- Unfortunately ball games, frisbees, scooters, bikes and drones aren't permitted on the estate due to previous damage to the house and grounds. Thanks for your understanding.
Nutcracker house trail
Sat 25 Nov – Mon 1 Jan 11am-3pm
All ages can explore the ground floor of the house lavishly decorated to tell this much-loved Christmas tale. Trail sheet available at Visitor Reception for £1.50. Closed 24 & 25 Dec.
Nutcracker garden trail
Sat 25 Nov – Mon 1 Jan 10am-4pm
Circling The Vyne’s magnificent lake, young explorers can keep their eyes peeled for swans, ballerinas and the North Lawn full of nutcracker soldiers. Trail sheet available at Visitor Reception for £1.50. Closed 24 & 25 Dec.
Family-friendly things to do in the garden
Little ones can explore the outdoors in the natural play area created especially for very young children just off the Lime Avenue.
The Vyne is a three pawprint rated place. Find out about bringing your dog to The Vyne where you can explore the gardens together.
Enjoy a refreshment stop in the atmospheric tea-room at The Vyne. Treat yourself to a gift in the shop or get comfy in the window seat while browsing pre-loved books.
Discover centuries of history at The Vyne. Explore the people who shaped the estate, its royal connections to Tudor monarchs and its wartime role.
Fancy running free in the fresh air, learning new skills and trying new things? Grab your gear and start your adventure.
Visit somewhere new and explore seasonal gardens, historic castles and outdoor spaces. With over 500 places to discover, where will your adventures take you?