Volunteer opportunities at Stoneywell
There are lots of ways to get involved at Stoneywell, from hosting in the cottage and gardens to providing a warm welcome to our visitors. Find out more about our current opportunities and how to begin your volunteering journey today.
Join our team
Volunteers at Stoneywell are vital to everything we do. We offer a flexible and rewarding volunteer experience, giving you the opportunity to share your knowledge and learn new skills, meet people from all walks of life and help to create new ideas and shape the future of Stoneywell.
Ways to volunteer at Stoneywell
There are a wide variety of roles available for our volunteers, including:
- Garden and woodland volunteers
- Cottage hosts
- Conservation assistants
- Stableyard hosts
- Shuttlebus drivers
- Food & beverage assistants
Read on to find out more about each role:
Volunteering in the cottage
Volunteering in the house is a rewarding experience, whether you’re interacting with visitors, sharing stories about the Arts and Crafts cottage, or helping behind the scenes. Here are our volunteering opportunities in the cottage:
- Hosts in the cottage share Stoneywell’s stories with visitors, including leading tours
- Conservation assistants help to care for the collections and maintain high standards of presentation
Volunteering in the garden
Stoneywell is home to a four-acre garden and 11-acre woodland, including a small vegetable garden and tennis court. We offer tours of the garden to visitors and require lots of help around the grounds. Here’s how you could get involved:
- Garden hosts offer tours of the garden and share stories of the grounds with visitors
- The Garden and Woodland team help with woodland conservation, chopping wood, and stone walling
Join the welcome team
We want visitors to have a great time from the moment they arrive at Stoneywell until it’s time to leave. That’s why we’re looking for volunteers to provide a great welcome, share information with visitors, and make sure everyone leaves with a smile. Here are our current opportunities:
- Shuttlebus hosts provide a shuttle service for visitors between the car park and cottage
- Stableyard hosts provide a warm welcome and information as visitors arrive at the stables
How to get involved
If you’re interested in starting your volunteering journey, contact us on 01530 248040 and select option 3, or email Stoneywell to register your interest.
You don't need any qualifications or specific experience to volunteer – all training is provided and you’ll have plenty of help to find your feet.
If you haven’t spotted an opportunity that suits you but feel you have skills to offer, please do get in touch – we’re always looking for enthusiastic people to help us bring Stoneywell to life.
Why join us?
There are lots of reasons to join us; making the move to volunteer could be the best decision you ever make.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life and forge new friendships
- Utilise your existing skills and learn new ones
- Strengthen your CV and help to develop your career
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Learn about the history of this special place.
Discover how one man’s vision changed a summer house into an Arts and Crafts-inspired family home.
Delve into Stoneywell’s collection of Arts and Crafts treasures, from unique handcrafted furniture to a replica cot and a small ceramics collection.
From a show-stopping rhododendron collection to an 11-acre woodland, find out what you can see in Stoneywell's colourful garden here.