Group visits to the Giant’s Causeway
Find out all you need to know about bringing your group for a day out to the Giant's Causeway. Discover information to the ensure your trip is well-planned and thoroughly enjoyable.
Group visit information
Discover all about the fascinating myths surrounding the causeway including local history and legends. Spend time in the visitor centre to learn more about this special place or take a walk and experience the natural environment of the coastal landscape.
The visitor experience charge includes
- Reserved on-site coach parking
- Use of hand-held audio guides (available in 11 languages)
- Access to the Visitor Centre’s exhibition and interpretation area
- Entrance to the shop, café and all facilities.
- Minimum 15 people required to qualify for group rates
- Separate entrance for group arrivals
- The allocated time for group visits is 2 hours
- All groups must be pre-booked at least 72 hours in advance.
- Group visits can either be invoiced (subject to having a credit agreement with the National Trust) or pre-paid with a credit card 72 hours in advance.
- Group visits cannot pay on arrival.
- Free admission and complimentary refreshments will be offered to your driver and guide accompanying your group.
- Guides and group organisers may make a free preparatory visit for planning purposes. These visits must be pre-booked by contacting the Booking Office.
Free familiarisation visits for group leaders
If you're planning a group visit you can request our free Travel Trade Pass and you and a friend or colleague will gain free entry to over 300 of our places throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland for 12 months. There’s nothing quite like seeing or experiencing somewhere for yourself to help you plan a successful visit. To receive your pass, call 0344 800 2329 or email us at NTTravelTrade@capita.co.uk.
Who is eligible for free entry?
Registered tourist board guides (on production of a valid badge), coach drivers and tour leaders escorting groups of 15 or more. National Trust members also receive free entry, so it is at your discretion whether to refund the entrance fee to members if you have included it in your package – this is not refunded by the National Trust.
Members must bring their current membership cards with them to avoid paying the full group rate. If any of your group would like to join the National Trust please direct them to our Membership page or call 0344 800 1895.
Explore Ireland’s only UNESCO World Heritage site. Walk on the world-famous stones, see the basalt columns & soak up dramatic views of the rugged coastline
Almost 60 million years in the making and counting, discover the history of this universally important site & find out how the world-famous stones were formed.
Refuel for a giant adventure in the cafe, and discover handcrafted ranges made by local artisans in the shop. Find something unique to take home.
If you’re planning educational group visits to National Trust places, then you could benefit from education group membership, giving you free admission for a year.
If you're travelling to the UK from overseas this year, buy a National Trust Touring Pass for entry to more than 300 places in our care. With 7-day and 14-day options available, the pass can be tailored to fit your trip. Discover where you can visit with the Touring Pass and how to buy yours.
Visiting us with a group? Then our answers to your frequently asked questions might help with any question you may have.