Planning your visit to Gunby
Plan a visit to Gunby today. Pre-booking your visit is now paused until 28 March 2024. House tickets cannot be pre-booked. House tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis. The house closes during the autumn and winter months but re-opens for our Christmas event. Please check our opening times for details. Here's some information about what to expect when you visit.
Pre-booking your visit is now paused until 28 March 2024
Simply coming along and show your membership card on arrival or pay admission. The house cannot be pre-booked.
Not all parts of the property may be open on the day that you visit due to extensive conservation work taking place throughout 2023 and 2024. This work is extremely important for making Gunby a place that is for everyone, for ever.
When you arrive
There is no admission charge for National Trust members, but non-members can pay the admission fee by contactless card transaction on arrival. if you are members, show your National Trust membership cards to the team in the car park.
Small to medium sized campervans that are used for transport are welcome, but are not permitted to stay overnight.
Visiting the house on an average day (may change during events)
- The house is open Monday to Sunday 11 am until 2.30pm, last admission at 1.50pm until Sunday 29 October. The house reopens for Christmas on Saturday 2 December – Saturday 23 December from 10am -3pm, last admission at 2.30pm. Please check our opening times and events page for details.
- Tickets for the house can't be pre-booked, but are allocated on the day from the courtyard on a first come, first served basis.
- We allow ten visitors to enter every ten minutes.
- You'll follow a one-way route once inside, starting from the main entrance at the front of the house.
- Only guidedogs or assistance dogs are allowed in the house.
Find out more about the 1,500 acres of the Gunby Estate. Take a walk to discover an ice house pond, remains of a lost village and find evidence of a demolished medieval moated manor.
Entertain the whole family this summer at Gunby. Discover unique stories in the house, go on an adventure in the colourful gardens and stop for a bite to eat in the tea-room.
Discover eight acres of different garden ‘rooms’ with many different colours and textures to enjoy. Throughout each season there is something different to see.
With over 1,500 acres of grounds, Gunby is the perfect place to bring your dog. Find out all you need to know about making your visit an enjoyable one. Gunby is a two pawprint rated place.