Cycle hire at our places
If you don't have your own bike, you can still explore special places on two wheels with our cycle hire facilities across the country. Thanks to a partnership with British Cycling and funding from their lead partner HSBC UK, we've opened more cycle hire facilities to help you get back in the saddle. Find out more about the partnership and discover where you can hire bikes for all ages.
Our partnership with British Cycling
We recently partnered with British Cycling and HSBC UK to provide more low-cost cycle hire facilities at our places, so that you can explore the woods, parklands, rivers and farmlands we look after on two wheels.
Thanks to the partnership, you'll find everything you need for a bike ride, including bikes for adults and childre, helmets, child seats and trailers.
If you’re using one of our multi-use trails, please cycle responsibly and be mindful of other users.
- Blickling, Norfolk
- With its acres of historic parkland and glittering lakes, Blickling Estate in Norfolk is an incredible place to go cycling. Follow the cycle routes along sun-dappled paths and through quiet woods, watching out for wildlife as you go. We have a range of bikes available for adults and children, including tagalongs, so kids can get to grips with their cycling while safely attached to the back of an adult's bike.Hire a bike at Blickling
- Osterley Park, London
- One of the best ways to experience the splendour of Osterley Park is on a bike. On two wheels you can explore the estate’s fertile farmland, wildflower meadows and quiet woods. It’s hard to believe this peaceful retreat is just a short hop away from London. Going on a family bike ride at Osterley is a great way to get active in a safe environment, free from traffic and pollution. Why not try out our accessible and family-friendly trail?Hire a bike at Osterley Park
- Wallington, Northumberland
- The lush countryside surrounding Wallington is the perfect setting for a family bike ride. With its rich mosaic of open moorland, wooded streams, farmland, lakes, and mires, the estate is ripe for adventure. There’s no need to worry about cars but do be distracted by amazing wildlife. Look out for red squirrels scurrying up the trees, watchful barn owls and playful otters. You can hire all the bikes and equipment you’ll need, so you can just relax and have fun with the family.Hire a bike at Wallington
More places to hire a bike
You can also hire bikes and cycling equipment at a number of other places cared for by the National Trust. However, prices at the locations listed below may differ from places with bike-hire schemes provided by British Cycling and HSBC UK.
- Calke Abbey, Derbyshire
- Get wonderful views from your saddle as you explore the ancient parkland at Calke Abbey on a leisurely bike ride along the Tramway Trail. With cycle hire facilities, guided rides and one-to-one lessons available, there are lots of ways to explore on two wheels.Hire a bike at Calke Abbey
- Castle Ward, County Down
- Grab the bikes and helmets and go on a cycling adventure at Castle Ward. It's a great way to explore the 21 miles of trails which criss-cross the estate and hug Strangford Lough. With tracks to suit all abilities, the routes are perfect for little legs and older ones too.Hire a bike at Castle Ward
- Clumber Park, Nottinghamshire
- Getting active and out and about on your bike is the perfect way to experience the diversity of Clumber Park. With a large selection of bikes for adults and children, as well as accessible cycle equipment, everyone is welcome to experience a cycling adventure at Clumber.Hire a bike at Clumber Park
- Lanhydrock, Cornwall
- Whatever your experience as a cyclist, there's bound to be a trail to suit everyone at Lanhydrock. Enjoy the ride through woodland and choose from a range of flat or hillier routes.Hire a bike at Lanhydrock
- Wicken Fen, Cambridgeshire
- Explore Wicken Fen nature reserve on two wheels. Enjoy an easy family ride to see our konik ponies or discover the wildlife in the wider reserve. Cycle hire is now open every day, offering a range of bikes for you and the family to explore along the Lodes Way through the wider nature reserve.Hire a bike at Wicken Fen
In January 2017 HSBC UK and British Cycling started an eight-year societal partnership to create the biggest, single contribution to a greener, fitter, healthier Britain, with an overall aim to inspire two million more people to ride their bike.
Discover some of the best bike rides through the woodland and countryside we look after. Get a new two-wheeled perspective of some of our best-loved places.
We want as many children as possible to experience the excitement of exploring new places by bike, so we've created a list of top tips to help your little one find their way on wheels.
Discover cycle-friendly routes across the UK where you can enjoy a longer bike ride surrounded by spectacular countryside views, from family-friendly trails to challenging climbs.
Find out where you can go mountain biking at Black Down, Woolbeding Common, Ludshott Common and Hindhead Common and the Devil’s Punch Bowl, while protecting these habitats.