Volunteering at Bodiam Castle
The volunteers at Bodiam Castle near Robertsbridge in East Sussex come from all walks of life and bring a wealth of experience to our work here. If you have time to spare and would like to meet new people, come and join our friendly team and make a difference to our visitors' days out.
Ways to volunteer at Bodiam Castle
At Bodiam Castle, we always welcome new volunteers, whether you want a regular commitment or to just pop in for a specific role. We believe that life is one long adventure, and we'd love to be part of yours.
We have a wide range of different volunteering roles here at the castle, including:
- Welcome volunteer – engaging with visitors in and around the castle
- Castle View Café and Wharf Tea-room volunteers
- Retail volunteers – helping in the Castle gift shop
- Events assistant – assisting with events and activities
- Craft volunteers – helping with craft activities at events
- Buggy drivers – for our mobility buggy
- Outdoors team volunteers
- Second-hand bookshop volunteers
Why join us?
There are lots of reasons to join us; making the move to volunteer could be the best decision you ever make.
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet people from all walks of life and forge new friendships
- Utilise your existing skills and learn new ones
- Strengthen your CV and help to develop your career
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Learn about the history of this special place.
Get in touch about volunteering at Bodiam Castle
If you're ready to get involved, follow the link below and search all our volunteer roles by typing 'Bodiam Castle, Robertsbridge', in the 'Enter a Location' box; or give us a call on 01580 830196 to find out more. We also have volunteer enquiry cards available at visitor reception, just ask a member of the team.
The National Trust is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications for volunteer roles.
Thank you to all our volunteers who give their time to support the National Trust in many different roles.
Our volunteers make our work to look after nature and history for future generations possible. Learn more about the volunteering opportunities available and hear a selection of their stories to find out what it's like to volunteer with us.
Our supporter groups are a great way of getting involved with your local place. Find out more about how you can join in.
These frequently asked questions should give you all you need to know about who can volunteer, what it involves and how to apply.
Discover the history of Bodiam Castle. Find out who built it, its royal connections and what historic graffiti can tell us about the castle’s past.
Discover what to see and do in the grounds of Bodiam Castle. Take a riverside walk, stop for a picnic or look for wildlife – from rare bees to bats.
Discover what to see and do at Bodiam Castle. Climb the stone towers to take in the views, learn about defending a medieval castle and explore the impressive ruins.