Family days out in Plas yn Rhiw
Enjoy a day out exploring Plas yn Rhiw with friends and family. Explore the inside of the house or take a walk around the garden.
Planning your family visit
Here;s the information you need at a glance to help plan your next day out at Plas yn Rhiw.
- You can find all our opening times here . Please check before you travel as opening times vary dependent on the day.
- Assistance dogs only in House and Garden. Dogs are welcome on leads in woodland walk below the visitor reception.
- Toilets can be found near the visitor centre.
- Admission prices can be found on our website here.
- If you’re visiting with a wheelchair or pushchair, there is level access from the car park to Plas yn Rhiw. Please note that some trails may be unsuitable. If you require assistance or more information, please ask a member of our friendly team.
Nature spotter sheets
Have you ever tried looking really closely at some of the flowers, leaves, lichens and insects we have around us?
The Plas yn Rhiw nature spotter takes visitors through the gardens, woodland and orchard with information and clues about where to find queen bumble bees in spring, wildflowers in summer or fungi in autumn amongst many other things.
Along with the booklet, you will get hand lenses and binoculars with the I.D. guides providing you with all you need to explore and discover.
Our pollinators trail will be running all summer. This self-led trail will take you on an adventure around the meadow at Plas yn Rhiw and includes a path around the garden, forest and orchard. You will get an answer sheet and become little explorers looking for information about different pollinators. This information scattered around on boards will help you answer the questions.