Walking in the Midlands
From tranquil woodlands and open countryside to picturesque peaks with a view, there are plenty of places in the Midlands where you can enjoy gentle strolls and invigorating hikes in nature. Find your next local walk here.
Short strolls to long hikes, circular walks or relaxing rambles we've got a walk to suit you across the spectacular and varied terrain of the Midlands.
- Walking in the Peak District and Derbyshire
- Discover spectacular views on gentle strolls alongside tumbling streams or take on the challenges of the hills and valleys.Explore the Peaks and Derbyshire
- Walks in Herefordshire and Worcestershire
- The places we care for in Herefordshire and Worcestershire have some great walks and trails for you to try.Discover Herefordshire on Worcestershire on foot
- Walking in Shropshire and Staffordshire
- The places we care for in Staffordshire and Shropshire have some spectacular scenery and walks for all abilities.Shropshire and Staffordshire walks
- Walks in Warwickshire
- Get out and explore with a Warwickshire walk. With miles of routes across the parklands and countryside in our care, you'll be spoiled for choice.Explore Warwickshire
- Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire walks
- Explore the great outdoors on one of these great walks at the places we care for in Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire.Discover Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire
Explore some of the finest landscapes in our care on coastal paths, accessible trails, woodland walks and everything in between. Find the best places to walk near you.
Find out more about the National Trust’s ongoing partnership with Cotswold Outdoor as our exclusive walking partner.
Help to look after National Trust places by observing a few simple guidelines during your visit and following the Countryside Code.
The special places in National Trust care sometimes come with a few risks for visitors, be it coastline or countryside. Find out how to keep safe throughout your visits.