Get involved at Wallington
Volunteers are an essential part of the Wallington team, helping us to conserve and share this wonderful place and bring it to life for our visitors.
Volunteer with us
Why I volunteer
Raymond Purvis has volunteered in Wallington's gardens on a weekly basis for over 8 years, he shared his highlights from his time spent volunteering at Wallington:
- The garden team here at Wallington are friendly and knowledgeable and provide an ideal environment to learn new skills around the grounds and garden.
- Seeing a Heron on Garden Pond, hearing a Woodpecker, spotting a deer or red squirrel in East Wood, before you even start your day in the historic walled garden.
- Talking to visitors and answering any questions that they might have. "It really makes my day when they thank you for the work that you're doing, it may only be a small job, but they appreciate your contribution in keeping the property in such good condition".
" As a volunteer, I am now able to be part of the National Trust Team that keeps the property in such a wonderful condition."
What's in it for you?
- Volunteer in beautiful surroundings
- Become part of a friendly team
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Help look after this wonderful place and bring it to life
- Share your interests
- See behind the scenes
- Learn new skills and enjoy new experiences
- Enhance your CV
What can you do?
We're currently looking for volunteers in the following roles:
- Garden & Countryside team volunteers