Dogs at White Horse Hill
What could be better than a walk with great views? If you and your dog are feeling energetic, you can easily extend your walk by joining the Ridgeway National Trail which runs across the top of White Horse Hill.
To help ensure that our visitors, dogs, wildlife and local livestock all get along, here's some guidance:
- Keep your dog on a short lead in the car park.
- Keep your dog under close control on the hill and on a lead near livestock.
- Between 1 March and 31 July, please keep your dog on the mown pathways to help protect the skylarks nesting on the ground.
- Please pick up after your dog and take your waste away with you, helping us to keep White Horse Hill a safe and clean environment.
- Please don't leave your dog unattended in the car. There is only limited shade in the car park.