Explore the woods at Alderley Edge
We know our visitors enjoy exploring the woods here at Alderley Edge and that many return again and again. With that in mind, we have created a number of new walks routes which are of varying lengths and take in a number of key features across the property.
Self-Guided Trail Leaflet
A self-guided Trail Leaflet to accompany the walks is available for a donation of £1.00 from:
- NT Cheshire Countryside Office
- Wizard Tea-Room
- Our Membership Recruiter (weekends only)
Funds raised from the leaflet help us care for this special place.
There are five trails:
- The Wizards Wander - Follow in the footsteps of a legendary wizard
- Miners Ramble - a walk back in time to the age-old mining history of the Edge
- Donkey Track Trail - Get your heart pumping up the old pack horse track through the Great Quarry
- Woodland Valley Walk - Through Clockhouse and Waterfall woods
- Castle Rock Stroll - Through the woods to the original 'Edge' at Castle Rock
Here's a taster to wet your appetite: