Bring your dog to Beningbrough
Plan a day out with your four-legged friend and bring your dog for a walk to selected parts of Beningbrough's estate.
Assistance dogs are still welcome in all areas of the estate, including all open buildings, just as they have always been.
Where can my dog go?
- The majority of the eight acres formal gardens including the ha-ha walk, pergola, south lawn, East and West formal gardens, double and south borders and the American garden.
- The shop.
- The brewhouse when open, and the outsite seats around the restaurant.
- The parkland paths.
Where can't my dog go?
- The walled garden and wilderness play area.
- The hall, gallery, restaurant and laundry.
- Off the paths in the parkland.
As you arrive, feel free to ask for a copy of the map with the areas marked up or take a picture of the map on the board in the stables area.
What do I need to be aware of...
- Take the lead: help reduce the chance of your dog disturbing wildlife and livestock by keeping on a short, non-extendable lead.
- Scoop that poop: bag it and bin it to keep your favourtie places beautiful. Bins are located at the entrance to the walled garden near admissions, in the corner of the car park and dotted around the parkland.
- Paws for thought: please don't tie up or leave your dog alone and look out for signs - the parkland has electric fences and grazing bulls.
- Be on the ball: not everyone loves dogs, so keep them close by.
Dogs are welcome in the parkland with miles of paths to explore, you and your dog will be spoilt for choice. Take a look at the routes or ask for a parkland walks leaflet when you get to admissions.
Currently due to capacity controls, please book a ticket for a visit via the What's On area, even if you only intend to visit the parkland. This way the welcome team know to expect you and we can keep the car park flowing for everybody's safety.
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up with the latest news and events from Beningbrough on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook
The best place for a mix of the latest news, what's coming up and photographs.
Tag us on Instagram
We love photos - if you snap some great pictures tag us and follow to see season and behind the scenes images.