Gardens and parkland
Perhaps gardening is more your group’s calling? With over eight acres of formal garden to explore - whatever the season green fingered enthusiasts will love the huge variety of gardens on offer at Beningbrough. Meander the Italian inspired formal garden taking in the blooms of the herbaceous borders and Victorian planting schemes. In contrast, take the route less travelled and encounter unspoilt informal gardens where the wildlife thrives as nature is left to do her thing before spilling out into the wider parkland beyond.
The specialists in the group won’t be disappointed either with a selection of rare and unusual trees as well as a working walled kitchen garden featuring over 50 varieties of apples & pears. Along with the many other fruits & vegetables produced in the two acre enclosed garden, everything is cultivated using traditional methods. Harvested produce is used in the restaurant and surplus sold through the shop.
With an extra special guest star featuring with each new season, the garden is constantly changing throughout the year. Be sure to check out our gardening page
to make sure you find exactly what you’re looking for.
Having fully explored the hall and gardens your group will probably be ready for some light refreshment. Sit back and relax over a cup of tea or if you’ve worked up a bit more of an appetite enjoy the delicious range of seasonal and locally sourced homemade food from the restaurant.
You can pre-book early entry and drinks on arrival, see details on your booking form to arrange.
Complete your trip to Beningbrough with a visit to the stables shop, filled with locally inspired gifts and treats. As with the restaurant, any profit made goes back into the upkeep and maintenance of Beningbrough and places like it for future generations.
- Discounts available for pre-booked groups of 15 or more.
- Coach meet and greet available on request.
- Free coach parking on site, 20 yards from the entrance (limited space – booking essential).
- Approach from A19 only to avoid Aldwark toll bridge as there is a weight limit. Follow the coach signs on arrival to avoid the entrance at Newton-on-Ouse with a low arch.
- Free admission plus £5 refreshment voucher for coach driver.
- Lift access to all floors in the hall.
- Two electric scooters and three wheelchairs available for hire free of charge (booking essential).
To find out more or to request a booking form please contact us on 01904 472027 or email.
If you're ready to book:
Download the latest booking form here (PDF / 0.2MB) download