Storytime with Father Christmas
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we shall begin. You're invited to join Father Christmas for a story and to see if you've made it to the good list.
To rest for the big day, Father Christmas likes to come and holiday at Beningbrough. He brings some of his best elves....although they're still very naughty. They enjoy playing in the garden, dressing up in the hall and riding on the bikes - just like you.
What to expect
You can pre-book to meet with Father Christmas in the library in the hall. As a small group he will tell you a unique tale for his Beningbrough guests - new for 2018. Every child can go to see him, have a photograph taken and if you want to, give him your list. Then there's a small gift to take away and either put under your tree or open early.
Join us on weekends from 1 - 23 December 2018, with sessions at various times from 11.30am - 3.30pm. Please note we are sold out on 8, 9, 15, 16, 22 and 23 December, there is still availability on 1 and 2 December...but we recommend phoning to book your place quite quickly as this could fully sell out in the coming weeks.
There is also artrageous running on the weekends 12noon - 3pm, plan your visit and make time to get creative together in the family art workshop, free for everyone. Artrageous can be found in the Hayloft, accessed by stairs only.
We ho-ho-hope to see you soon.
- Price is £9 per child with one adult place.
- Further adult places can be bought at £9.
- Normal admissions charges also apply - free to National Trust members and under fives.
- Please time your arrival to allow for parking, time to get your admission tickets or show your National Trust membership cards in the stables and walk a few hundred metres to the hall. Workshops will start promptly.
- In the hall before you head into the library take photos in the elfie-selfie board, write a letter and have a go at the elf present spotter trail.
***Please phone the elves on 01904 472014 to book your place***
Sometimes the elves are busy in the workshop so if they don't pick up, leave a message and you will be called back.
Beningbrough is open on winter weekends 11am - 3.30pm plus Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
See what else to expect from a family visit to Beningbrough
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up with the latest news and events from Beningbrough on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook
The best place for a mix of the latest news, what's coming up and photographs.
Tag us on Instagram
We love photos - if you snap some great pictures tag us and follow to see season shots from the places around York.